cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

JimTaddeo

Daily Pledge 12-Oct-2009 through 18-Oct-2009

DAILY PLEDGE........WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM!!

"THE AMAZING BEAUTY OF THIS WORLD INSPIRES THE HEART, MIND, AND SOUL!"

THE SELF-EMPOWERMENT PLEDGE

Seven Simple Promises That Will Change Your Life

Monday’s Promise: Responsibility
I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I will NOT smoke today NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! It has never helped me in my life and I Pledge to remain FREE FROM NICOTINE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability
I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.
I will NOT smoke today NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! It has never helped me in my life and I Pledge to remain FREE FROM NICOTINE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

Wednesday’s Promise: Determination
I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.

Thursday’s Promise: Contribution
I will earn the help I need in advance by helping other people now, and repay the help I receive by serving others later.

Friday’s Promise: Resilience
I will face rejection and failure with courage, awareness, and perseverance, making these experiences the platform for future acceptance and success.

Saturday’s Promise: Perspective
Though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I will find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials.

Sunday’s Promise: Faith
My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions.

Print a Poster (right click and "Save Target As.." to download and print poster)

The above seven promises/pledges are an adaptation of The Self Empowerment Pledge by Mr. Joe Tye Please visit his website and my addition of the NO NICOTINE self pledge intended to be USED AS MANY TIMES A DAY AS YOU NEED TO reinforce your complete RE-LEARNING of life WITHOUT SMOKING.

WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

GREAT CHOICE!

I Pledge Not To Smoke Today or Tonight and I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next In Line

I Pledge No Excuses to Smoke For Me Today
I know that NO EXCUSE TO SMOKE IS EVER VALID!
I know that any memories I may have about smoking being MY FRIEND, MY COMFORT, MY STRESS RELIEF, MY RELAXATION, MY ESCAPE, OR ANYTHING POSITIVE ARE NOTHING BUT LIES!
WHEN MY MIND TELLS ME THAT I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I QUIT SMOKING I WILL KNOW THAT IS A LIE FROM A JUNKIE TRYING TO KEEP USING!
THE TRUTH IS THAT I AM NOT SUFFERING!
IN FACT I AM HEALING FROM THE TRUE SUFFERING THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHILE ACTIVELY ADDICTED TO NICOTINE!
I ONLY THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF BECAUSE OF CHEMISTRY NOT REALITY!
I know that if I take ONE PUFF IT WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH ONE PACK, WILL BE ONE CARTON, AND FROM THAT POINT ON I WILL BE RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM, AN ADDICT THAT USES!
I Pledge, if I do think about cigarettes today, I will think of the most horrific effects of smoking because there is no pleasure in killing myself.
So the picture I will think of will be of CANCER, PAIN, RADIATION TREATMENTS, HAVING A LUNG REMOVED, A SLOW HORRIBLE DEATH, HORRIBLE SUFFERING AND MOMENTS OF TERROR, MY LOVED ONES CRYING AT MY FUNERAL, THE COLD GROUND AND DEATH.

I pledge that I will remain committed to myself and this QUIT so that I will allow myself enough time to find out how GREAT LIFE ACTUALLY CAN BE AS AN EX-SMOKER.

Since I am planning on a smoke free day I extend my great smelling hands of support and strength to the next person in line...........

I take your hand as we build a chain, Of healing and freedom, in this act we remain, Companions on a journey, sisters and brothers afflicted, Enlightened and changing, we're only addicted, There is so much more than the old despair, Hold on to the hands of others that care, Day by day or hour by hour if you need, We begin our journey adhering to this creed, That I help you and you help me, Together I pledge we will all remain FREE! So mote it be!

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JimTaddeo

Good MORNING FELLOW QUITTERS................................It is Monday and it is a GREAT DAY TO REMAIN SMOKE FREE................SOOOOOOOOOO.I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I EXtend my FREE hand and strength to the nEXt EX in line.
Papa Jimmy...........FREE and HEALING.............for One year, three months, two weeks, six days, 19 hours, 25 minutes and 22 seconds. 9556 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,030.69. Life saved: 4 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes.
In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
0 Kudos
dawn4

Good Morning, Jim and Thank you. I joyfully accept your hand as I pledge to take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next EX In Line!
0 Kudos
claudia2

Dawn I am glad to take your hand as I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
0 Kudos

I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EX in line.....
0 Kudos
claudia2

Good morning all! Thank you Theresa for your hand today as I pledge that I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.
0 Kudos
dawn4

Hi Linda N. I accept your hand today as I pledge that I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.

And I EXtend my free hand to the nEXt EX in line..............
0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

Good morning.......Thanks for the hand Dawn...........I make my pledge again today with you all that I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.
0 Kudos

Good morning all... Jim I'll take your hand and I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.
0 Kudos
claudia2

Good morning! Theresa it is nice to take your hand as I pledge that I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.
0 Kudos