Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Come Celebrate Quit Date Celebrations for 1/12/2022

We encourage you celebrate your milestone with us! Login and comment with your Days of Freedom. Let's show the world that we've overcome or will overcome and not let nicotine win.

It appears that you've reached the milestones listed below based on the quit date that is appearing on the site. Please login and say hello!

Congrats on your progress if the date is correct. If it isn't, read below for directions on how to get your quit date updated! This is a judgment-free zone. It's important to quit and we're here for you!
@justifiedestiny @Moggyfan 12.5 years!
@Newfound_Joy 10 years!
@DF_ @mary242 @Quit-1-12-13 @shellmats 9 years!
@catspride23 @cb26dh @msm719 @tjsmom0818 @winebandit    7 years!
@scassi1 @Zendlewise 6.5 years!
@ajz @FumadorX @jmann119 @RANDAC1  5 years!
@alicheat @LouDVR  4.5 years!
@Darlene0313 @said11  4 years!
@NateinCO @rvilvens  3.5 years!
@Arwen @harriscasey @KarlHester @NancyJTrudelle @Nsloan258 @Stephy62290 @Trishlharris81 @zwordlaw   3 years!
@a_mathesius @bomartin1973 @GPJ @Mavebee @megster5 @Melissa38945 @mlcrown @Mommie1966 @rpainter @taylormadein81 @valhalla59  1000 days! Welcome to the Quad Squad!
@Alane6893 @alexiissxo @bResebR6 @daisy_brandi01 @haylie0107 @hondafreak716 @jackiemarkkxo @Jo1234 @winkywoo  2.5 years!
@Cadedora1 @rodman542000 @woods503  2 years!
@Annbriz @barronjessica @eoj777 @glitterypixie81 @JJOlive   1.5 years!
@amy3134   500 days!
@angim @becka0313 @mxxmilli @Tdagarim @Tessstud119 @tonyrecks @violym1978   1 year!

EX Community Admin Team
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ajacks11 @Bartlett68 @Brainbow @Dorothymccormac @Josie1959 @kesha81 @Kimmie0708 @maggotsimpson @oblio59 @Popsico @roalon215 @Rwayne1966 @Samuelshook @Sleger0317 @Terrisa @Tasha7707 @Ttone  @Vballdaddy   50 days!
@alhyland @Asouthall @BAGchicago1234 @cdjenn @grettaem @nledoux12 @OUITSMOKE @PepcGirl0907 @Piscescurve @sammiemscheer @sheeloo @Shortlori77  1 month!
@brianmurphy90 @Greatchef816107 @Hrschieck @Jakesmom2005 @jdhubbard1973 @Lrbroadnax @Myrhonda @SmokeFree2021 @Tinaweeks @Vwilson630 
 7 days! This is the first of many celebrations for you. Please come back every time we celebrate you and confirm your quit date. Today, Start a Quit Journal and reflect on that first week.

@305Lola @Blue34343 @Clemclaw @hannapate @Heyimjoanne @jrlind78 @magnoliagirl @NancyRann @neilr709 @Pannett @renwickchandler   are quitting today. If you are we're glad you're starting your journey with us. Be sure to journal your experiences today with a personal journal(← Click to get started) so you can look back on it and reflect where you started. Tag the post "TheDayIQuit". This way others can see what they can possibly expect as they start their quit journey. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating with people like those mentioned above. To see more Quit Journeys for days 1 thru 100 click the link.

Not ready to start your  Quit JournalAsk general questions about quitting or ask something about the quit method you've chosen or find support with others who have similar health conditions, getting involved will improve your success in quitting.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
dbarris

Yay!  I've been free for close to 100 days now.  I've been a little quiet because the most constructive think I have to say is that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself!  Meaning I smoked for about 40 years and was simply afraid to quit/try quitting.  When I decided to give it a real try, I took to the internet first, found this community, picked a date 30 days out, followed the recommended prep, and that's all she wrote.  I don't mean to belittle the process, but any physical cravings were mild compared to the psychological compulsions (habit), and those were markedly reduced by about day 10, and pretty much gone after 30 days.  I haven't really even thought about smoking for the past 2 months.  Looking back, the recommending prep and planning is fantastic, and this community to help execute really did it for me.  Don't be afraid!  Stick with it!

TBDDAJ

I’m hoping that will happen to me! Great work 🤞🏼

0 Kudos
dbarris

Welcome!  And glad you joined!  October 8th quit date, huh?  You can do this!  And reaching out early like this is a very good idea.  Reach out as often as you need.

I'll be a full year in just about 2 weeks (Oct 4).  My post above about "fear itself" still rings perfectly true.  And after one year, you know what?  With what I learned here, I just quit about a 10-drink per day EVERY day habit.  Not 100% cold turkey yet, but using the same technique, I went from 10, to 3 the next day, 2 the next, then 0 for 4 days!  I honestly didn't think I could do it till I recited that "fear itself" thing again.  For two weeks now I've been 4 days dry per week, then just 2-3 drinks on weekends.  15-20 years after 70 drinks per week, I got to around 7 inside of a week.  I've really got this!  Losing weight really fast, too (all water, I'm sure, but it's "inflammation" bloat and polluted fluids).  Feels good.  So if ever someone asks me how to quit drinking, I'm going to tell them "Take up smoking first.  Then join becomeanex, you'll learn everything you need to know about quitting, and you'll actually do it."  That's how confident I am in your future, too.  Go for it!

0 Kudos