cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

JimTaddeo

Christmas Pledge, 21 through 27 December 2009

I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I will NOT smoke today NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! It has never helped me in my life and I Pledge to remain FREE FROM NICOTINE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

I'm 18 MONTHS this morning! What a tremendous Winter Solstice!

I EXtend my FREE hand and strength to the nEXt EX in line.

My name is Papa Jimmy, and I am a nicotine addict.
I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 6 months, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 8 seconds (548 days).

I've not smoked 10963 death sticks, and saved $2,504.67.
I've saved 38 days, 1 hour and 33 minutes of my life.

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

Congrats Jim on your 18 months!!!!   I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.
I will NOT smoke today NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! It has never helped me in my life and I Pledge to remain FREE FROM NICOTINE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

Theresa - Free and Healing for Eight Months, Twelve Days, 12 Hours and 56 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 17 Days and 19 Hours, by avoiding the use of 5131 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,296.32.

0 Kudos
barbara42

hello, Therea, i will take your hand and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours and hold out my free hand for the next in line !!!!!!

0 Kudos

Good Morning Barbara.....I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.

I EXtend my FREE hand and strength to the nEXt EX in line

0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

Good morning Theresa...thanks for the hand.........I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be.

I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 6 months, 1 day, 5 hours, 11 minutes and 18 seconds (549 days).

I've not smoked 10984 death sticks, and saved $2,509.78.
I've saved 38 days, 3 hours and 21 minutes of my life.

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
0 Kudos

Thankds for the hand Jim!!  I pledge to not smoke no matter what today -- no excuses-- nothing and nobody will be anexcuse.  Smoking is not an option and my life depends on it.  I extent my free hand to the next in line...

Abby

0 Kudos
Legend

Thanks for the hand Abby……….. I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.

I will not smoke today NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! It has never helped me in my life and I pledge to remain a FREE FROM NICOTINE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

I extend my free hand and strength to the next in line.

I have been quit for 1 Year, 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 7 hours, 27 minutes and 16 seconds (418 days). I have saved $1,223.54 by not smoking 6,274 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 18 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/31/2008 12:00 AM

Christine

0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

I thank you for the hand Christine........So  I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself.

I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 6 months, 2 days, 4 hours, 45 minutes and 34 seconds (550 days).

I've not smoked 11004 death sticks, and saved $2,514.44.
I've saved 38 days, 4 hours and 59 minutes of my life.

0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

I've always liked this song:

Dave Mustaine from the metal band Megadeath

Sweating Bullets

Hello me... Meet the real me
And my misfits way of life
A dark black past is my
Most valued possession
Hindsight is always 20-20,
But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy
Speak of mutually assured destruction?
Nice story... Tell it to Reader's Digest!

Chorus
Feeling paranoid
True enemy or false friend?
Anxiety's attacking me, and
My air is getting thin
I'm in trouble for the things
I haven't got to yet
I'm chomping at the bit, and my
Palms are getting wet, sweating bullets.

Hello me... It's me again
You can subdue, but never tame me
It gives me a migraine headache
Thinking down to your level
yea, just keep on thinking it's my fault
And stay an inch or two outta kicking distance
Mankind has got to know
His limitations

Chorus
Feeling claustrophobic
Like the walls are closing in
Blood stains on my hands and
I don't know where I've been
I'm in trouble for the things
I haven't got to yet
I'm sharpening the axe and my
Palms are getting wet, sweating bullets

solo-dave

Well, me... it's nice talking to myself
A credit to dementia
Some day you too will know my pain
And smile its blacktooth grin
If the war inside my head
Won't take a day off I'll be dead
My icy fingers claw your back
Here I come again

Chorus
Feeling paranoid
True enemy or false friend?
Anxiety's attacking me
And my air is getting thin
Feeling claustrophobic
Like the walls are closing in
Blood stains on my hands and
I don't know where I've been
Once you committed me
Now you've acquitted me
Claiming validity
For your stupidity
I'm chomping at the bit
I'm sharpening the axe
Here I come again, whoa!
Sweating bullets

I'm NOT smoking today......for sure..........I'm not smoking tomorrow either......FOR SURE! I make this pledge to myself for myself and I WILL KEEP IT!

Happy Holidays you beautiful quitter, what a great choice I have made!

I EXtend my/our hands to the nEXT EX in line.............LOL

It's YOUR choice.............make a good one.

I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 6 months, 3 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes and 19 seconds (551 days).

I've not smoked 11024 death sticks, and saved $2,519.17.
I've saved 38 days, 6 hours and 39 minutes of my life.

0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

Ho! HO! HO! I won't smoke............FOR SURE!

Papa's Christmas pledge.

0 Kudos