cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

JimTaddeo

Change

Lets provoke some thought and inner reflection and as of ourselves the ultimate philosophical question......WHY? This is a great time of the year for inner reflections and remembering things. Metaphorically and actually astronomically is also the darkest time of the year and with the application of a little courage and bravery, remember that bravery is not the absence of fear but going on in the face of fear, we might just discover some things here in the darkness.

Why is it, for many of us, so blasted hard to change? Probably better stated and more accurate, why is it that we so staunchly resist change?

I think one very good answer to this is fear. Well Papa, fear of what? I say changes? I say fear of the unknown? Even possibly a fear of self discovery? And of course there is always the fear of embarrassment that somehow others will take our little weakness and use it against us. Perhaps there is the fear that our hidden weaknesses, you know the ones no one is supposed to know about, may be discovered. 

Take a little peek inside and perhaps ask yourself, what is it that I fear the most and how does that affect me and my decisions?

I want to wish the group and all other folks here for that matter a very happy and merry Solstice Celebration.......however you choose to celebrate it............and an equally prosperous and Happy New Year!

Most importantly I want to see you folks continue to make your pledges and honor them for your own changes. I want to see you succeed and forge yourself into the FREE person you really are. The keys to the locks and chains binding us we already have, sometimes they are just hidden in the darkness of our own fears. Grab up your keys and set yourself FREE!

I'm Papa Jimmy, and I am a nicotine addict.
I have quit taking  nicotine for 3 years, 5 months, 29 days, 1 hour, 41 minutes and 21 seconds (1277 days).

By my choice, and what a choice it is,  I've not smoked 25541 nasty stanking death sticks, and saved $6,059.26 of my hard earned cash!
I've saved 88 days, 16 hours and 27 minutes of my life.

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
jojo_2-24-11

I say, bring on the change!

0 Kudos
joy36

CONGRAD'S !!!! I quit July 14th 2011, my husband July 22nd 2011, our Birthday's. It was nice to meet you. MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

0 Kudos

It must be a huge fear because we knew that we were putting our physical selves at risk. I believe it is the fear of ourselves! Am I strong enough to handle an Addiction FREE Me? I know that quitting brought me face to face with ME! I let go of the smoke cloud that kept ME hidden "safely" away from the world and from myself!!! Kooky!!! Happy Solstice, Papa Jim! May your New Year be filled with Light and LOVE!
0 Kudos
aztec

Thanks Jimmy, good question, What do I fear?
 at the core? what holds me back from changing for the better.

thanks for the daily pledge too,

Lots of love and light to you

Aztec

0 Kudos
BobbyMaynard

It's too early for thought and inner reflection. Can't we just talk about food and sex?

Bobby

0 Kudos
TheNewMe_Jo

Holy Torpedo... 25541 cigarettes... makes me gag just sayin it

ewwwww

thank goodness those didnt make their way into your lungs 🙂

good for you!!

0 Kudos
owlfeather

Ah, Papa!  Welcome back!  You have been sorely missed!  Change.  Peeking inside.  Slowly, when the fog of smoke is lifted, change comes creeping in on it's own, and most of it is joyous....Some not so much,  uhhhhhhggggg....... Yet in the darkness some things become ever more clear.  

Happy Solstice to you and Yours too!!!!!!!!

N.O.P.E.

N.E.F.

Owl 

0 Kudos
JimTaddeo

The sun reaches her lowest height

Inwards we turn to embrace the night

Mourn the loss but never stop the fight

Darkness wins over the light--for now!

All lies sleeping under ice and snow

Nature reveals to us that this is so

Everything changes from fast to slow

Time for reflection and to grow--we prepare!

Again she slowly climbs from the depth

Day by day regaining her breath

The year gone by and memories left

Cold winds blow and remind us of death—the change!

But the fire is bright and there is cheer

Gathered together we face our fear

In loving comfort perhaps shed a tear

Family and friends hearts drawn near—here we live forever!

The cycle begins again!

JMT-2011

In a daily journey of transformation the only thing I can actually control is me and my own behavior...
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

Very nice!

Prosper in peace
0 Kudos