Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

lois2

Celebrating Milestones

Congratulations, Brain one year that is GREAT, YOU DID IT
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
570 Replies
nannykate

Just joined today!   This is day 11.  My first day of non smoking was October 13/2016.  Breathing already improving.  I am on the patch, strongest dose.  I'm tired of feeling like crap.!

Nhandi

Hello anyone out there, it's day one! It's 7pm and I'm watching the clock,  I did wear an old patch that is from step 3 that was expired from 2014 real low nicotine.  It must have had some potency since I didn't get hyper.  Lol that's just a nice way of saying I didn't loose my mind.  I decided on this group because of the word 'Freedom' ,  

Today 

I am free from smoking cigerettes

MePlus3

Great job everyone! I'm not very good at operating groups but I'm glad to see you guys here shouting out your days of freedom! I'm here a few hours shy of 40 days!
Nhandi

It's day 2 for me........it's still early.  But I feel good, I finally went to the bathroom.  Ducalax helped with the Constipation!   My ammunition is prayer, water, butterscotch candies and a straw that I'm chewing on.  

0 Kudos
Nhandi

It's day 3, today was rough.  I wanted to cry after a meeting, I at the hair salon with my head under the dryer and I don't think they washed it enough.  I wanted to cry, my mind keeps saying I wouldn't feel this way if I had just one.  I also feel a slight headache.  I'm venting.......because I know I can.  I know that somebody out there felt like I do right now.  Well maybe not exactly, but I'm a veteran, still consider myself Army strong, why do I want to cry right now.  

Today is day 3. 

I can do this!  I'm nicotine free......forever!

0 Kudos
kariauclair

Hi Everyone!   Day ONE for me..... again.    Started smoking 2 years ago after not smoking for 3 years.   But this time will be different.   I'm going to try the 14 mg patch.   I'm tired of being smoke free for years and then picking a cigarette up.... just to find myself back to smoking full force.  Plan today is patch, clean car out and make it smell good, take dog for a walk, and eat as much candy as I want  🙂      I'm going to do this!

Nhandi

I'm doing it this is day 4.   I made it....I went shopping tonight.  I spent hours walking around Burlington Coat Factory, came home and thought about them.......they were calling me .  I can't believe how much I talk to myself.  

I'm free from smoking

0 Kudos

Im on day 3 ! Cant wait for day 365. Thanks for the group

0 Kudos
captainhook

Hi guys,

I'm so happy to join the community of Exs! 

I started smoking because I was a party girl in my 20s that just never stopped. Now I'm happy to join this group ironically titled Quit Party Central--let the good times roll!

0 Kudos
captainhook

As an aside I thought I'd share something useful. In the App Stores on your smart phones you're able to download picture editors that will show you the effects of smoking on your skin and your aging process. Best part is that it's like looking into a mirror of the future with this terrible addiction. 

not sure if it violates the message board terms for me to say which app I used but since it's useful, I will anyway. The one I download is called Smoking Time Machine and it's free.

0 Kudos