lois2

Celebrating Milestones

Congratulations, Brain one year that is GREAT, YOU DID IT
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
570 Replies
msbobi

Sunday 3-10-2013

One year, minus one day .... I haven't had a cigarette in almost one year.  I've thought about it, but I have not smoked.  I never got into "chew", so I don't have to do anything about that habit.

I do feel a little better than last year.
For anyone just starting their journey ... I smoked for almost 36 years ... and I quit.

Have faith ... you can quit too. 

One thing I've found, no matter what I do, some people still don't believe that I quit smoking.  For people who don't know me, and never saw me smoke, some don't think I ever smoked.  I do not control what others choose to believe.  I do not control what they choose to do.  I know my truth .... I have to live with myself.  I'm glad I quit smoking.

0 Kudos
msbobi

Thursday, March 14, 2013
I'm now into year 2 .... yeah rah for me!

Working on a writing project and I can actually concentrate better

0 Kudos
gundy

I quit TWO YEARS AGO TODAY & I'M STILL GOING STRONG! You CAN do it! It DOES get better! 🙂 There IS hope! Never give up on yourself - you are WORTH IT! in the past two years i've come through a total knee replacement (year 1 - incentive to finally quit - needed the surgery was in agony) and Breast Cancer (year 2) and a double mastectomy due to that - and i'm STILL KEEPING MY QUIT! I'm proud of me - and i'm not looking back - only going forward!

KEEP THE QUIT EVERYONE! GOOD JOB! WE'RE ALL WINNERS HERE!

Gundy-

msbobi

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 0607L

I'm still not smoking ,,,, and I don't do electronic cigarettes .  I have a neighbor who smokes.  She's several inches taller than I, bigger than I, has shorter hair;

She and her husband have just opened some sort of business.   I don't think I'd open my own business ... that would be a stress for me. 

An "inventory" can be a personaol listing of events OR a counting of items.  I don't do the inventory of other people, no matter what the situation; it is a bad thing if someone steals my inventory.  My official inventory was over 20 years ago and I haven't had a need to do one since.  My genuine hope is this ... that I'm judged by what I do ... I get tired of being judged by what other people do, some of whom I don't even know.

Some people only want to believe the worst about others ..;. they don't want to look at the truth.  I don't have a husband ... been divorced since the late 1970's ... yes, MY marriage was THAT bad.  Alone is not as bad as being a slave.  I'm glad to be a non-smoker. and I'm glad I'm not a thief!

I'm doing a little temporary work now ... my assignment ... go in for a few hours, then go home. 

0 Kudos
Robin-K

My 5 yr anniversary is today!  Doesn't seem possible that 5 years ago I came to this place and started blogging my life without cigarettes!  Now I come back every year and read though my old blog and remember what a journey it has been!  I'm so glad to be free!  Be back next year!

LisaAnnIndy74

It has been 12 days for me today! I am sooo proud of myself!!!! I know now that I can take this quit and make it last a life time!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! We all rock!!!!

Today is 14DOF for me. That's right I've hit my 2 week milestone and I've never felt better about something in my life!!!

15 days of no smoking! Made it half way through the first month! I know I can do this!

Zackie 15DOF

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello, Dale! I started having days here and there where I didn't want to smoke around 100 days. I am at 153 days now and I go 5-6 days a week where I don't want to smoke! Every once in a while i think about maybe I'll have one, like when I accomplish a task, like decorating for Christmas. I thought about it and then I thoght: I am so glad I don't do that anymore. and it was gone! I am so amazed, I wasn't sure I could ever get to this point!

Alyssadone

I am on Day 8 and yesterday I did not think about it at all until about 8pm.  I was shocked that I did not think about it.  I know I have a long way to go but this is my 3rd real time trying to quit and because I am thinking about it more positively it helps me not sit and miss it.  I am learning to do other things that I enjoy doign and am finding myself with much more time than I did when I would smoke instead.  I like this group because It reminds me that a thought it just a thought and it will go away without smoking the cigarette so thank you!