Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

lois2

Celebrating Milestones

Congratulations, Brain one year that is GREAT, YOU DID IT
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
570 Replies
laura73

Hi everyone! I smoked when I was a little girl. I was hideing in the garden to smoke because my friends did it so I found it interesting. Lukyly I didn' like it 🙂 so I stopped quite soon. Now I am mother and I think that if we educate the children not only at home but in scholls and in their favourite places, together with their friends we have a better chance to have them aware of the risks of smoking and in fact they will never do it.

I found out about this site while I was voting for a small project addressed to children and teenagers in Romania. As you all know, any help is more than welcome when we are talking about smoking! In Romania there is a small NGO called AER PUR ROMANIA, very active in tobocco control. They wrote this project and asked the biggest petroleum company in Romania to finance it. The value is 5000 EUR and all money are for an educational program for children within 2 comunities in Romania. The"final plan" is to extend this program to the whole country but first they need to obtain these funds. There is an open competition organised by this company (PETROM SA). 32 projects are participating. This is the only project that address the issue of smoking in an interesting combination with environment protection.  All other projects are related to waste management and parks and so on.

I am writing with the hope that at least some of you would like to vote for this project to the benefit of the Romanian teenagers. Unfortunatelly the site is only in Romanian but the procedure for voting is very simple and takes in total less that 1 minute. If you would like to know more about this project you may ask and/or comment directly on the site and the initiator will reply and contact you. The site is http://www.taraluiandrei.ro/ModCity/VoteProject.aspx and the project I'm talking about is "AER PUR in comunitatile noastre" (pure air in our comunities); it is the first one in the list. If you would like to see some details about the project click on the green field in the right ("detalii); in the page that opens you may add your comments. If you find this idea interesting and would like to vote for the project please click on the green field in the left side of the project's name and then add your name and email address in the bottom of the page and click "Voteaza". You will then receive an email from Petrom - "TaraluiAndrei" requesting you to confrm your vote. Only after this confirmation your vote is final. If you find the procedure too complicated but you would like to give us your support please let me know. I will do the first step and you may then only confirm your vote.

Sorry for this huge message! I dare to hope that you will find this idea as interesting and helpful like I do! Good luck with your efforts and happy coming free smoking holidays!

Laura

0 Kudos
sf1123

Wooo Hooooo, 5 weeks and 2 days and feeeelllllliiiiinnnnngggggg goooooooooooood.

0 Kudos
budman12

Woo-Hoo!! Day 30!! I can't believe i'ts been a month already. Still getting the occasional rogue craving from hell but less frequent and somewhat less intense.This is my fourth try and I feel better about this one than any of the others. Awesome job to everyone on this site who has quit or are preparing to quit. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

0 Kudos
ebbrewer84

Hello Everyone!   51 days free!!  I am so proud of myself, and today is my birthday.  The last 51 days have been like one big gift that keeps on giving.  I am like a new person!

0 Kudos
sunshine4

day 4 for me

0 Kudos
finfan

Hi everyone, day 4 for me. lol I always thought that if I could just make it one day I would have the problem whipped. lol I was soooo wrong. Day

0 Kudos
julie71

Hi, you all are inspiring!  I quit 5 days ago and hope it is for good this time--I have tried many many times.  A few times I was able to quit for 6 months or so!  I really want to quit now, and never go back.  I have hid it from my kids and now they are teens.  I don't want to have anything to hide anymore.  I need some support and am hoping this website will help! 

0 Kudos
donna34

Hi everyone ! With the help of Chantix and this site ,I havent smoked in a little over 9 months. This site has really helped alot!!! One hour at a time is what works for me. Good luck everyone 😉

0 Kudos
done

42 days and 918 cigarettes not smoked

0 Kudos
debdavis50

On 9-10-2009 I had 8 cigs left. Two weeks prior to that I mentally prepared my self to quit, so when 9-10-2009 came around I got up that morning and told my daughter that after these 8 cigs no more. I am 51 years old and had been smoking since I was 16. I have never attempted to quit smoking at all in all those years because I really enjoyed smoking. Quite frankly the 2 weeks before I quit I was  uncomfortable. You see I have 10 grandchildren. I kept thinking about them and thinking I want to see them grow up. So on 9-10-2009 I laid the cigs down and went cold turkey. I never used any of the quit smoking aids at all. I'm  very surprised by how I've smoked for 35 years and never had to use anything. Will power and determination I guess. On Jan. 10 it will be 5 months I haven"t smoked.

0 Kudos