cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

A New Year - A New Pledge

if you're here to (make a pledge) to quit because you've decided without any prior thought to do so - think again.  This is not just a place for end-of-the ear New Year's resolutions.  The "Oh I REALLY NEED TO QUIT SMOKING" cry and so "THIS YEAR I'll really DO IT!"  And "New Year's is the PERFECT TIME!."  We've all been there, attempted that.  For most of us that New Year's resolution was just a wishful thought based on hope and what our inner wisdom told us we should do for the benefit of our health.  It was a beautiful, but brief, emotional desire, supported by very little else than the "I SHOULD." 

Quitting takes so much more than that.  It  takes all sorts of thoughtful supportive measures.  It takes desire, yes, but desire is not the deciding factor.  Knowledge, dedication, commitment, sacrifice, homework, perseverance...  all the words we really don't want to hear.  That's what quitting takes.  Well, the lasting kind, anyway.   We want it to be easy.  We want to take a pill and awaken the next day craving free.  Doesn't happen.  YOU have to do the work necessary to achieve the success you want.  YOU have to make and take the time.  YOU have to learn and apply that learning and you may have to make some sacrifices along the way.  Are you willing?  It's an incredibly empowering journey.  You'll learn things about  yourself you never knew  And they are positively THRILLING! 

No, it's not an easy ride.  Smoking has consumed your days and twilights.  For YEARS.  It has consumed most of your being  in more ways than than you have even considered.  But you'll discover all that if you stick around and, well - just read.   In order to overcome this addiction, you have to consume something else.   A different mindset.  Your brain, unfortunately was sabotaged without your knowledge.  But knowledge will give you the keys necessary to unlock the door to your Freedom.  It's YOUR choice. 

What will you choose?

This is a one-day-at-a-time journey.  Get through today and you will find it will aid your tomorrow.  Each smoke-free day builds upon the next and adds strength and encouragement to those days which followl.

Those who have been a member of this group and have pledged daily, know the strength of this daily dose of commitment.  You do us all  honor every day.  Thank you.

I, Giulia,  pledge to remain smoke free this day as I have for the past 3,592 days.  Take my hand and don't be afraid.  It get's easier.  Really it does!  Rejoice!  Who will join me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
TerrieQuit

Hey maggie, I got your hand! I'm not smoking, not today, I am holding out my hand, who will take it?

Don't Quit on your Quit!

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning to all!      Rushing this morning so I can get to church!      Have to do taxes this afternoon!     YUK!

Terrie I'll take your hand.     I will hold on as I pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!      I offer my other hand out to the next in line!!!

Sharon

909 DOF

0 Kudos
NewEnglander

Good morning all!

Sharon, thanks for your hand.  I pledge not to smoke todya NMW and offer my free hand to the next person in line.

Sharon, if it makes you feel any better I'm doing my taxes this afternoon as well.  Double YUK!!!

Victoria  158 DOF

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good Morning

I gladly take your hand Victoria and pledge to not smoke for today

and offer my free hand to the next in line

Mag@929DOF

0 Kudos
mtc

After almost 60 days smoke free, I pledge my quit for today for 24 more hours and will not give in to this depression that makes me want to give up and smoke , with that said, I take your hand mag and pledge to hang on to it, now I have someone else beside myself to focus on, I needed that!!! I am learning new habits to replace the old ones.

Remember we are trying to undo years of bad thinking, and bad choices, healthy ones will come but not as fast I want it of course, Happy Sunday!! 

0 Kudos
lois2

I pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs.

0 Kudos