cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

leon

4 months quit YES, but feeling like i want one

My quit has lasted 4 months, but I have had an urge to smoke this week, could be that i got back with my EX. I had a cigerette in my mouth this week, but i did not light it.

I am forgeting the reasons why I gave up, i do not want to lose this quit I want to stay a non smoker.

anyone been through the same thing after being quit a while.
Tags (1)
11 Replies
amy20

DO NOT DO IT!!!
Think about how hard it is to quit...remember that first few weeks! Do you really want to go back there again???
You quit because you were tired of being an addict...tired of the smell, tired of the taste in your mouth, tired of the habit, tired of the inconvenience, and now more than ever, the wasted $$$!!!
4 months is an awesome accomplishment, don't give up on it!
Legend

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
0 Kudos
Legend

I just put this on your page and I will put it here also for you.

Don’t let anyone get you off track with your quit no matter what the circumstances are. No matter if you have a fight with someone or you are sad or mad. Cravings pass and it is all in your mindset how you view your life. You can choose to see the glass half full or half empty it is your choice so whatever it is making you feel this way don’t let it blow your quit. Take a walk or get on online here or talk to a friend do anything else but don’t smoke. You can visit whyquit.com they have a lot of videos over there to watch and it will pass time. You can do this don’t blow your quit you are doing so well and you will only feel worse if you smoke with all of the guilt afterwards. Remember you are the one in control so don’t give someone else the power to blow your quit no matter what.
Jules7

Leon - I hope that by today you are past the craves and did not relapse. It is hard and different times of the quit bring renewed cravings. Hard stressful times will do it too. Shoot, happy times will do it if it brings up a memory of smoking. Just wait and let some time pass and you will find that you can remain smoke free. I have struggled with some serious triggers and sad times in the last few weeks and have had a million thoughts of smoking and yet I remain smoke free today. I hope you are finding today easier.

Congratulations on your 4 months and also for not giving in to the urge to smoke. You did good.

hang in there Pictures, Images and Photos
0 Kudos

Hi I have never replied to anyone on this site yet but yours caught me. I too still want a cig think about it everyday I just keep telling myself how much better I feel by not having one. Sherry
Croys123

Great job on that 4 months!!!!  Keep it going one hour at a time!!  I went back after almost two years. But back on the quit band wagon again!!! Yay!!!  2 weeks string!!!   Its tough to stay off them because they r everywhere  but I am going to resist temptation!!   Halls cough drops work well and deep breathing!!!!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Croys123 wrote:

Great job on that 4 months!!!!  Keep it going one hour at a time!!  I went back after almost two years. But back on the quit band wagon again!!! Yay!!!  2 weeks string!!!   Its tough to stay off them because they r everywhere  but I am going to resist temptation!!   Halls cough drops work well and deep breathing!!!!

How are you doing Croys123‌?

And leon‌ should be coming up on 3700 days soon. How are you?

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
sweetplt

Oh My...I did this on a quit after almost 10 years...don't do it...Go up to the My EX Plan page and work it again...it will remind you of everything you want out of being a non smoker.  On top of it the crave will pass with the reading...Gotcha on my mind...will send out good vibes...~ Colleen

0 Kudos