cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

sweetplt

1 month Quit

Today, I am quit one month from smoking.  I am so happy and proud.  The things I learned from this quit in 30 days is to pray every day for strength from God to not smoke.  Also, I learned to stay prepared.  For example, on the phone with someone difficult I get out an adult coloring book and color instead of smoking my feelings.  Hah, an epiphany just happened, maybe that is what I always did, smoked my feelings instead of dealing with them.  Also, avoiding right now situations and people that smoke.  Funny, but I am calmer and more at peace.  Above all, being grateful daily for my life.  

It is not an easy journey, but it is doable.  I am learning so much this time about myself.  I am learning to like the new non smoking ME. I am excited to learn more about this journey the next 30 days.  Knowledge is definitely power.  

Today I choose not to smoke...Wishing all a beautiful day. Hugs sweetp aka Colleen 

Tags (1)
17 Replies
sweetplt

Yah all the way around lol .. Thank you...❤️

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Will check it out Jackie...thank you for the kindness ... ❤️

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Thank you ❤️

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Again Thank you bunches ❤️

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi Ellen, everyone’s encouragement as helped.  I read “no man’s land” and I will continue my work and vigilance.  I want this so bad ❤️Thank you for kindness.

@sweetplt as I just hit my 1 month, I searched “no man’s land” and found this.  Amazing!  I’ve been reading your current posts and thinking how much time free you have.   You are like an “elder” exer to this newbie.  So when I read this post from when you were where I am, it meant so much.   I’ve been doing lots of the Things you talk about - praying for god to help me, breathing exercises, exercise, posting here some pledging most days, - it’s good. But I’ve been very scared about almost losing my quit so many times - because - feelings.   Feelings.   And I want to smoke them away since I don’t really deal with them well.  But the problem is, the smoking wasn’t working to hide from the feelings anymore.  It has quit working.  It was making my feelings worse.  Depression.   Hopelessness.  That something was wrong with me because I wasn’t strong enough to quit.   Then smoking quit working on anxiety as I would smoke twice as much to try to get calm and end up more frantic and worried than ever.   So I must accept that the “tool” (crutch) that used to work for me, now it doesn’t work.  It stopped working.  Smoking doesn’t work for me.  It makes everything worse.  So I have to make a choice - do what doesn’t work and keep hurting (physically, spiritually and emotionally) or let go of it, pray breathe exercise feel wait post read connect sleep.   And I get to keep this free, healthier, more hopeful and peaceful life.  

sweetplt

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@21yearsisenough Glad you're reading these old posts.  It's a good reminder for  all of us what it took to get where we are now.   

Keep up the good work.

Barb

0 Kudos