cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

pir8fan

Lifelines! The Keys to a Successful Quit!!

There are a lot of new people here, and this is also a reminder for those who may have forgotten! Always remember your lifelines!

If you should have a serious craving use all of your lifelines before you smoke!

#1. Ask The Audience! Come here and tell us that you are in danger, and why! Wait 15 minutes for us to respond! Give us that opportunity to help you! That is why we are here!

#2. Phone A Friend! Befriend someone here that you feel you can trust! EXchange phone numbers with that person! If you are in a situation that you can not handle on your own, call or tEXt that person!

#3. 50/50! Make two list! The first list should be all the reasons you should not smoke! The second list should be all the reasons you should smoke! Now take the second list and mark out all of the "EXcuses" to smoke! EXcuses and reasons are two very different things! If there is anything left on the second list let me know!Keep your first list handy. Read it, if any of the "EXcuses" try to steal your quit!

This message was brought to by: The Freedom Train! "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"                  Tommy

Tags (1)
121 Replies
Godsentu2

"ME TOO".

0 Kudos
Tinax79

I’m new first day but hey I’m with y’all if y’all will let me!! 

Rallyqueen917

Hi Tinax79,  You can do this.  The hardest part is beginning.  I was in your shoes almost 4 years ago.  I never thought I could make it but with the help of this site I did and continue to do so.  Whenever I felt struggles I would logon and read others blogs or blog myself.  Use the tools provided here and you too will be successful.  

0 Kudos
pir8fan

You can do this! We will help! 

0 Kudos
Momoffivesons

Glad I read this it's day three. Yesterday was extremely hard, today was a little better , maybe because I took a long nap. This is my fourth attempt, first attempt I lasted 18 days, then the next three attempts I lasted one day only. I do feel more hope for success . Have to learn not to binge eat, channel my frustration irritability. One day at a time.

Tracey Decambra
0 Kudos
Rallyqueen917

I know it can seem like too much.  You can be successful.  Everything I feared I couldn’t do without a cigarette is everything I do now without the fear.  Because bottom line is smoking is a crutch, it keeps you fearful from living.  Once I figured that out, I knew I would never smoke again. Use the tools here.  Sharing my fears as well as my accomplishments is what really pushed me forward.  You can do this as you said one day at a time. The cravings get less and less and soon it will be days, weeks, months and ye

Danni67

I don't know how to use this site I don't know where to find phone numbers I do wonderful at work I don't smoke at work but smoke in the morning and I smoke in the evening my ex leaves his cigarettes around and I just pick them up and smoke them. I just finished smoking one right now and I didn't even want it!!

Rallyqueen917

Danni..don’t give up even if you give in. You can do this.  Really just takes time. Start exploring the site to learn it. Use the menu. Three lines on right or maybe left. Can’t remember right now. I do know that this site really helped me. I shared my thoughts through blogs about not smoking during times that I would always smoke and how I felt. If you are serious about this you can always reach out to me. You can do this. I am 4 years smoke free now. 💕💕🦋

0 Kudos
pir8fan

Thanks Moe

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Hey, Tommy!😁

0 Kudos