cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

pir8fan

Lifelines! The Keys to a Successful Quit!!

There are a lot of new people here, and this is also a reminder for those who may have forgotten! Always remember your lifelines!

If you should have a serious craving use all of your lifelines before you smoke!

#1. Ask The Audience! Come here and tell us that you are in danger, and why! Wait 15 minutes for us to respond! Give us that opportunity to help you! That is why we are here!

#2. Phone A Friend! Befriend someone here that you feel you can trust! EXchange phone numbers with that person! If you are in a situation that you can not handle on your own, call or tEXt that person!

#3. 50/50! Make two list! The first list should be all the reasons you should not smoke! The second list should be all the reasons you should smoke! Now take the second list and mark out all of the "EXcuses" to smoke! EXcuses and reasons are two very different things! If there is anything left on the second list let me know!Keep your first list handy. Read it, if any of the "EXcuses" try to steal your quit!

This message was brought to by: The Freedom Train! "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"                  Tommy

Tags (1)
121 Replies
gregp136

I like the idea of building up where you can exchange a number or two.  The problem is it would take me a bit to be that comfortable on line.  

Miss_Brown

I love this! I have never heard of making the second list of reasons (excuses) to keep smoking.. this is day 5 smoke free for me so I will take this advice 100%.. thanks,  Tommy!

donna_2oo3

I' at day 5...holding pretty well! !  Thank you for your inspiration! !

lewis65

Hi Stranger!  

I hope you’re doing well! Happy to see you’re still here, even though I haven’t been.  Still smoke free almost 8 years.  Take care of yourself!

0 Kudos
donna_2oo3

I am 14 days free!  Congratulations on you 8 years!! 

0 Kudos
lewis65

Thank You!  If I can do it, you can do it!  Keep it up!

0 Kudos

Thanks Tommy, I'm in crisis now will get back on the train

0 Kudos
JAA13

This is so good!!!

0 Kudos
Mroseforte

Hi  I have cravings I feel like giving up ! Help

I was taking low-dose of Chantix for one week and it’s interrupting my sleep 

This is just my first week I already cut way back before I quit ..

My mind keeps telling me it’s just easier to smoke a cigarette help me !!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Your mind is just playing tricks on you.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2016/09/06/a-quit-dialogue-in-iv-acts?sr=search&searchId=d54edd21-350d-473b-91da-...‌.  It plays tricks on all of us when we quit.  Our addict brain is whining and screaming I WANT I WANT, just like a child in a candy store.  We have to be the parent and deny the child the thing that not good for it.  You don't have to act on the urge.  It's just an urge.  Find something to distract yourself.  

Horsenose.jpg  And don't forget your sense of humor.  

I suggest you put up a blog or a discussion.  You'll get more support that way!