Recomendamos el uso de Google Chrome para que pueda acceder al traductor de Google en español.
Aprenda más.
Despedir
cancelar
Mostrando resultados para 
Mostrar  solo  | Buscar en cambio 
Quiere decir: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Craving Buster Technique

(Note:  this piece was first published in a blog by @aztec  back in 2012 called  Craving - EX Community    The original author april_ac was from another site.  Thank you Aztec for bringing it here!)

We interupt todays broadcast..for a test! (TRY THIS!)

Ok...especially you newbies...I want you to REALLY try this.

Don't give me that "AWWW Man!!" It's not a hard test!! More of an "exercise"!

I want you to stop what you are doing right now....and look around the room. Look at everything. Take your time. (Don't read any further until you do that.)

Now...I want you to look around the room AGAIN...and this time find all of the things that are RED. FOCUS on the things that are RED. REALLY look at them! (Don't read any further until you do that.)

This time....look around and find all of the things that are BLUE. Again...FOCUS on only the stuff that is Blue. REALLY look at them! (Don't read any further until you do that.)

Now....look around the room ONE more time. (Don't read any further until you do that.)

Did the things that were Red and BLUE stand out to you the most?? Probably! Know why? Because THAT is what you were FOCUSING on!

Do ya see where I'm going with this??

WHATEVER you focus on the MOST....is what will be stronger...stand out more....become MORE dominate. JUST LIKE CRAVINGS!! If you FOCUS for too long on the craving...it GETS STRONGER.

So...SHIFT your focus AWAY from the craving!

What do you mean you can't do that....that it's too hard??? You just DID IT in that little mental exercise a minute ago!!! How much were you focusing on smoking while you were looking around the room...focusing on the Red and Blue stuff?? Probably not much...if at ALL!

It DOES work.

While I don't crave cigarettes anymore...I do have other areas of my life where I use that exercise. Sometimes it's needed to RE-focus on the GOOD things I have...when I'm feeling down. It gets my mind AWAY from the "pity party" state.

Make this work for you. It's your quit....It's your life.

And it's worth fighting for!

Thanks for playing along!! You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programs!

Etiquetas (2)
Etiquetas (3)
220 Respuestas

So far, it's already some of the best advice just by doing that one simple task ! Love it and to whomever typed this, God bless you  

Giulia

This might help also:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/1846-craving-buster-techniques#comment-104606  It really goes to show us that where we place our focus is such a huge factor in how our journey progresses.  It takes practice, but we really can turn our minds in the direction we want, or at least turn them away from stupid thinking.  I am  progressing slowly but getting pretty good at saying:  "Don't go there" to myself when I'm able to catch myself sitting with negative thoughts.  First you have to become aware of what's happening.  THEN you can begin to change the thinking.  

SuzyQ411

Right on Giulia‌ / Julia with a G. Thanks for the additional resurce as well ~

0 Kudos
Debbiesavol

Just curious??? Wondering why I haven't received my patches???

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

??? 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hi Debbie, I think this question is best addressed by our Community Manager, Mark‌  We in the community have no knowledge of what your employer might have set up with EX as to smoking cessation or whether you're part of a study being done here which may provide patches.  But Mark will give you the answer, I'm sure.

0 Kudos
Shortygirl50

Debbiesavol u can call the the quit line like I did 2 get patches and gumit doesn't matter if u with these people u have a year y would u want to use a patch for u defeating the purpose y don't u jus smoke a cigarette 🚬 than call 1-800-quit- now they will talk to u they told me the same thing the worse is over don't do it to yourself please don't n these folks ain't helping can u imagine if u use a patch now I hope u have not been using a patch your whole year cause to me if u have u cheating that' not fair to u .u did not put n no work u no helping self or other' so how can u keep me from smoking 🚬🚬 I'm waiting cause 2 day is my birthday 🥳🎉 I want 2 smoke help me I'm serious only Debbiesavol

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Debbiesavol wrote:

Just curious??? Wondering why I haven't received my patches???

Debbiesavol

As mentioned in my email to you, not sure why the people at your state's quit line mentioned we provide patches. Unfortunately they've mis-informed you.  Hopefully we can get that cleared up with them with more information from you. If you're eligible through your state then you'll likely be able to get something from them. Products vary by state. I refer people to them from here who aren't sponsored here to get them through us. We're not affiliated with each other though.

Some members here are sponsored and will see information in the Sponsorship area of Edit Profile | BecomeAnEX . If you do not see your Sponsorship as Active and a referring Health Plan or Sponsor then you'll need to seek assistance from an entity such as your state's quit line, health plan provider, employer, health care professional or county health department. 

800-QUIT-NOW is a good first step if you don't find yourself to be sponsored through us.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Shortygirl50

Jus take your mind off the craving is what she is saying cause I don't have nothing red blue or red n blue n my house so if u 4 focusing on something that is not there so y even put yourself through it any way that is what I think 🤔 mite b wrong that is how I feel good day y'all

0 Kudos
Peggy40

This is a really good exercise! Putting it in my toolbox!