cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Sweetplt~Colleen

Another beautiful Elder I so admire. I have a ways to go learning how to paint 'clothes'. But then again, thats why I am doing these. Good experience , good practice and hopefully goodwill for those I hold dear to my heart...ALL of you.

Heres our sweetplt and I have already begun Cousin-Itt as I watch 'The Secret Lives of Bees', another favorite of mine.

IMG_4163.jpgIMG_4166.jpgIMG_4167.jpgIMG_4170.jpgIMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4165.jpgIMG_4175.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Perfection - again!

sweetplt

Oh my I can’t believe it...oh Missy...you do such good work...You are so good with eye’s...I am humbled by all you do for all of us...~ 

Mandolinrain

Awww thanks, sweetplt. I had a very hard time with the weather.....clothes are not easy for me. I think I am getting better at skin tones but I can always find areas to improve on...and there are plenty. I will send this to you once its set enough to mail. It is Oil....total dry time can take up to 6 months but it should be set in a week or so

Barbscloud

Lovely, but how could it not be with such a lovely subject!

Barb

SimplySheri

Just awed by your talent and your generosity in doing so much for us here, Missy!!  Makes me kind of want to get up and start doing for others again   This is a lovely painting and, of course, Colleen is simply lovely herself!!  Well done

Mandolinrain

Thanks SimplySheri, now you can see why I didn't paint a tux and did a simple-T shirt on your boy, lol.

As for doing for others....its just what I love to do.  It gives me what I taught my children and grandchildren what I call

a 'Heart smile'. A place inside of you where you receive a warm peace ,that blankets your very soul knowing you gave something of yourself to another person unconditionally ....just because. Its a place where nothing given back is expected because your doing it for them, not for 'self'.  It's also a good lesson in 'pay it forward'. It makes me smile 'heartsmile' and I believe it makes our 'Maker' smile as well

Cousin-Itt

Another amazing piece and what a lovely subject

sweetplt

Oh gosh Missy Mandolinrain no hurry, hubs loves it .. and said “how sweet she is doing this for all of us”...if you give me the information I will reimburse you for delivery...Your a love...Colleen 

Mandolinrain

sweetplt, Dear Colleen~   No I can't accept a cent but thanks for the offer. How about this instead....you do a' heartsmile' for someone  strangers are ideal choices as well

Meanwhile I will message you a USPS tracking number when it is on the way !