cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReallyReal

Still keeping my hands busy

After having quit smoking, or vaping, does anyone else have a lot of nervous energy?  I have been a crafter for a very long time but now I find in my after quitting life it is more essential than ever that I keep busy--with my hands, with my mind, etc.  It feels good that the byproduct of keeping busy is a finished craft, but more importantly is the calm I feel while being busy with something.  Here is my latest, not perfect, but I am improving--a 45 inch square throw I made for my brother as a late Christmas gift.  It will be ready for shipping later this week after I weave in all of the ends.

20231231_105429.jpg

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Barbscloud

@ReallyReal Another beautiful creation. 

I don't know if I would describe it as nervous energy.  I just needed to keep my mind and hands busy to stay distracted.  This could be equated with some anxiety that many people experience as a withdrawal symptom.

Happy New Year

Barb

biscuit9

@ReallyReal   That is pretty and I like your choice of colors.  I haven't actually crocheted since my quit, last year.  I have been busy doing other things.  I am glad you are finding projects that make you happy and take the place of smoking.  We know how hard it is to fill that empty time with things that fulfill you.  In the beginning, nothing I did was as "good" as smoking, but in time, you replace smoking with healthy things.  It happens and you are winning this Raissa.  You are working your quit and finding fulfillment in things that don't harm your health.

champsin97

Isn't it satisfying to create something out of nothing.  That's pretty cool.  Keep sharing your awesome creations.

Indigo7358

I so get the need to stay busy! Right now I'm working on a 2000 pc jigsaw puzzle. But I love to craft, I make Swarovski and gemstone earrings and bracelets. Other things too.

Indigo7358

Wanted to add a few pics, but it wouldn't let me 😪

0 Kudos
ReallyReal

Oh bummer.  I'd love to see some pics.  Wonder why it wouldn't let you attach them?  Hmm.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Indigo7358 How are you trying to pos the pics?

Barb

0 Kudos
Indigo7358

Click on the pic icon in this box. I choose my gallery,  find a pic,  select, then a message comes up...this type of file not supported 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Indigo7358 Do you have the pic saved on your computer?

0 Kudos