cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Share your Art with us!

I work with many different medias in my little studio but this is my favorite, Reverse Oil Art.....Painting backwards on Glass that dates back to early renaissance period. I use mirror to see what I'm doing and in this type of painting you paint detail first. If you make a mistake...you cannot fix it like you can on canvas with oil. It has taken many years to perfect, for me anyway.  They sell just about as quickly as I can produce one. I have sold many prints of this first one.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As you can see, HORSES are my favorite subject ( I wonder why ,lol)....but truly all animals. I have done several Pet portraits . I will share some of those later.

FullSizeRender.jpg

three kings reverse oil.jpgThis was the first one I ever did. The local paper did an article on it. I can't wait to get back into this, but grandma duty has kept me pretty busy. I am hoping to start another one in a few weeks. They take along time to dry and are done in layers.

Okay, I showed you mine, now calling all artist on EX...you show me yours!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
444 Replies
Giulia

A friend just passed on this link to me:  https://www.boredpanda.com/sand-art-andoni-bastarrika/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_cam...  (by Mindaugas Balčiauskas and Rokas Laurinavičius)

The artist is Andoni Bastarrika  How could I not share this gifted soul with you all.  An example of his work:

Sand-Art-Andoni-Bastarrika

And what he says:  "In order to create a sculpture, an unthinkable number of sand particles participate, hugging each other tightly through humidity, so that someone could model their union. And once the artist steps back, its piece will remain at the mercy of nature, meaning that sooner or later the wind will dry them up and release each particle, slowly consuming all the individuality and authenticity.....To create a beautiful world, we should all embrace each other just as tightly."

YoungAtHeart

O

M

G

SO talented!  So amazing.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

SuzyQ411

When I lived near the shore in Maryland, I was just amazed with the sand art on display. However. I never saw anything as amazing as this life-like bull. Thanks so much for sharing this Giulia

Daniela2016

Incredible, wonderful, so talented!!!

Mandolinrain

WOW!!!!!!