cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Share your Art with us!

I work with many different medias in my little studio but this is my favorite, Reverse Oil Art.....Painting backwards on Glass that dates back to early renaissance period. I use mirror to see what I'm doing and in this type of painting you paint detail first. If you make a mistake...you cannot fix it like you can on canvas with oil. It has taken many years to perfect, for me anyway.  They sell just about as quickly as I can produce one. I have sold many prints of this first one.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As you can see, HORSES are my favorite subject ( I wonder why ,lol)....but truly all animals. I have done several Pet portraits . I will share some of those later.

FullSizeRender.jpg

three kings reverse oil.jpgThis was the first one I ever did. The local paper did an article on it. I can't wait to get back into this, but grandma duty has kept me pretty busy. I am hoping to start another one in a few weeks. They take along time to dry and are done in layers.

Okay, I showed you mine, now calling all artist on EX...you show me yours!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
444 Replies
GyorgyiM

Ahhhh...let me know when ya'll get bored......

Moonshadows.jpg

Mandolinrain

Really love this

GyorgyiM

HAPPY ! HAPPY ! HAPPY !

I feel that EVERYONE  has some level of "artistic" ability....from stick figures to classical masterpieces....to me it's ALL TALENT ! 

Any form of expression is worthy of self....

Smiles...

BHnCA

CB57FBAD-4685-4D59-9B69-3E1573010C4C.jpegThis isn’t a very good photograph, but I just wanted to share it with you because it reminded me of your photograph. This was done with water colors. Don’t ask me why, but the only thing I really enjoy painting is tree trunks. I love the textures and shadows on them. 

Mandolinrain

I love doing tree bark also, thats beautiful!

YoungAtHeart

Lovely!

There must just be something about trees!  I like to draw fallen, hollowed out, disintegrating tree trunks - with roots attached, if possible.  I can stare for hours to see the nuances, light and shadow.  I also love to do draping, folds.  I mostly work in pencil...too lazy to get one to share, though.  When I have some time I will try to remember!

Reminds me I should get back to that.  Used to take my sketch book for my walks in the woods by the river ---- although that was when I smoked.  Might have to be sure to have a Hershey Kiss handle, hmmmmm?

BHnCA

Yes I agree. I once saw a photography book called “Chaos in Nature” and ever since then I look at things around me in a different way. The “chaos” makes it more magical I think.

elvan

BHnCA That is beautiful, I have an attraction to the textures and colors in wood as well...thanks for sharing this.

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Beautiful!

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Thank you for sharing....I VERY much enjoy this piece of yours. I think tree trunks are soulfully amazing....

I always welcome the visuals...

Miles of Smiles

0 Kudos