cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Share your Art with us!

I work with many different medias in my little studio but this is my favorite, Reverse Oil Art.....Painting backwards on Glass that dates back to early renaissance period. I use mirror to see what I'm doing and in this type of painting you paint detail first. If you make a mistake...you cannot fix it like you can on canvas with oil. It has taken many years to perfect, for me anyway.  They sell just about as quickly as I can produce one. I have sold many prints of this first one.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As you can see, HORSES are my favorite subject ( I wonder why ,lol)....but truly all animals. I have done several Pet portraits . I will share some of those later.

FullSizeRender.jpg

three kings reverse oil.jpgThis was the first one I ever did. The local paper did an article on it. I can't wait to get back into this, but grandma duty has kept me pretty busy. I am hoping to start another one in a few weeks. They take along time to dry and are done in layers.

Okay, I showed you mine, now calling all artist on EX...you show me yours!!!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
444 Replies
Mandolinrain

Thats so cool Mike!

Giulia

People surely do like that roller conveyor.  Downloaded 1927 times. I think we should have a guide bock and rail for some lapsers around here.  lol  I know we've got a few quad cyclones.

pastedImage_2.png

KOKO,

pastedImage_1.png

Cricket

I bet you play a mean game of pool as well!  

0 Kudos
BHnCA

Wow! Double Wow! 

0 Kudos
ingenuenlove

I picked up a paint brush for the first time in November of 2016--had to find a way to decompress and spend some time OFFLINE. This is my "work" -some original, some "inspired by"

I am hoping to try my hand at charcoal and encaustic painting soon--hell's bells I want to carve wood and blow glass too!

bagcats.jpg

bass.jpg

cat.jpg

lady.jpgsquirrel.jpg

elvan

Beautiful....keep going, you have talent!

Mandolinrain

Beautiful! This is amazing.

I totally relate...I love learning  and playing with new medias. Your work is awesome!

BHnCA

Impressive! I think you do have a natural talent and would do well with whatever medium you try.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Holy Moly, some more great talent!  Wow!  The fish is spectacular!  Next you'll be doing some pavement art, right?!!!  And you just picked up a paint brush for the first time ever a little over a year ago?  You've definitely got the gift.  And thanks for bringing a new word to my vocabulary.  Had never heard of "encaustic" painting before.

And I see a certain similarity with one of mine...

pastedImage_1.png