cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Re-do of oldest grandson and preview of next Elder...

This time in Oil: 

58713643826__3B27F80F-193A-4A6A-84E8-557BD5812A7B.JPGIMG_0489.jpg58714031804__55EEC1F7-74F0-4E08-9A39-B283B23B23F7.JPG58731418781__6D586F3E-F56F-4BFF-8E16-C36A93EAEBD4.JPGIMG_0525.jpgIMG_0526.jpg

( The middle picture above is him with his twin sisters)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

And the next Elder is........

IMG_0487.jpg

I am actually a lot further along than this but I will put up entire progression when 

pir8fan‌ is complete  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18 Replies
Mandolinrain

I am loving the Oils, you should try this Donna DonnaMarie, you have alot of natural talent!!! Its fun

0 Kudos
Bonnie

Wow, you are so talented, thank you for sharing.  I love to see the progression with your grandson's portrait, and Tommy is fortunate to have a portrait done by you.  Wonderful...

pir8fan

I feel so incredibly honored! Thank you so very much for including me in your portfolio! It is rare to strike me speechless! But you have! Thank you, thank you!

HUGZ

Mandolinrain

pir8fan‌, these take awhile to dry. Could be a couple months before I can send it to you. I did Dale before yours and his is still not dry....it all depends on how heavy I go with the paint and Im am still learning Oils on canvas. PM me an address though, so I know where to send it

0 Kudos
Giulia

It's such a treat for you share you're talent with us.  People usually never get to see the beginning of the creative process and it's progression to the end.  It's really so neat to witness.  And I just find you so brave for being able to do that.

Mandolinrain

I am excited to re-do yours and Nancys now in Oil. Am curious to see the difference

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I can see the difference clearly.  The oils have greater depth   Comparing the two mediums, the acrylics appear more to sit on the surface (if that makes any sense)......

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

YoungAtHeart   I just had gotten so used to working with Acrylics because that was what I did my murals with. The only experience with Oil I ever had was my reverse Oil paintings and thats a totally different application. Acrylics dry so fast and it makes it difficult to blend even using mediums...so I am love love loving the Oils and I WILL be re-doing you and G again because I am curious to see the difference  The only down thing is they take along time to dry. I am also trying to learn how to use glazes now as I paint.....its a whole new thing for me

0 Kudos
Strudel

Love them both! Thanks so much Missy for sharing this magical process with us!