cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgreeley68

Hello fellow creators!!!

I'm in the "preparing" phases of quitting smoking and my quit date is March 7th!!! I'm planning now for things I can do to occupy myself...

I've been a painter and crafter for over 30 years... I love to paint with acrylics, do mixed media work, scrapbook, create cards and other paper creations, art journal, clay, sewing and teaching art!! 

I bought a new mixed media journal that I'm going to work in every day of my journey and title each day's work with what I'm feeling that day.... I'm hoping this will, not only occupy me, but once I'm an ex smoker, I can go back and look at my journey through my art....

This is a painting I did for my mom right before she passed away from lung cancer.... I haven't painted in a few years so making a plan to get back to it is pretty exciting for me!!! 

0131180931_HDR.jpg

taking life one breath at a time...
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@jgreeley68 My apologizes.  I just saw you posted in a few locations- Journal and in Arts & Crafts where you introduced yourself.

Sounds like you're crafting and painting will keep you occupied--not need to smoke.

(If you go to Arts & Crafts you can see the painting)

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jgreeley68 Beautiful painting!

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Maki

Your gift to your mom is beautiful @jgreeley68 

I love that you will paint again . Please share if you are comfortable in doing so . 

I tried to do some watercolour painting just by looking at some u tube stuff and pictures . I was inspired by the folks of Ex . It was definitely therapeutic, comforting and fun . I did try acrilyic , struggled with that one . I would eventually like to get more into my own style watercolour tho , and perhaps will be inspired to try again when I move . 

Your quit date is coming soon . We look forward to having you with us , and hope to walk with you on the journey to a new smoke free you . Art forms will definitely be an asset in your journey . 

We have other very talented and gifted artists here who are no longer posting but their artwork , and various forms of art remain here so you may be interested in looking through the group . 

I took up guitar when I quit and did no painting until my son bought me some watercolours last Christmas when we were mostly home because of covid . He inspired me as he always does . 

Again , a beautiful beautiful picture . 

0 Kudos
Taraysa

That is beautiful painting! Sorry to hear one close was lost to that. My Mom-in-law and step mom-in-law both died of lung cancer. Not me though, staying clear of evil cigs from now on!