cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Another Elder Painted~Patty-cake

I can't believe how long its been since I have painted, feel like I have to 'relearn', 

This is our beloved Patty-cake

I will be tweaking this a bit more once it dries a little

IMG_3823.jpgIMG_3824.jpgIMG_3825.jpg

djmurray‌ is next followed by 

meWisconsin‌ and Cousin-Itt 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
20 Replies
Mandolinrain

Decided to do meWisconsin next ( sorry DJ, I PROMISE YOU ARE NEXT, lol) The reason being the left over paint from Pattys was a good tonal match for his and not DJs. Anyway, here's a preview of it :

1142u95ORz61qMhBpOUf2g.jpg

YoungAtHeart

OMG - it's WONDERFUL, too!  We should have a gallery showing at the next Ex get together!!!

Mandolinrain

Thanks Nancy..  YoungAtHeart. I always begin with eyes, if I can 'capture' the eyes, the rest is easier for me anyway. the better the picture I have to go by the better I can do the detail since then I can see it better. The pic I had of Patty was on fuzzy side. I need to counter her face some more i think. Also his eyes are not done, but got good start

Patty-cake

Wow Missy!  You’ve got me sporting a new look and I love it! Can’t wait to see it finished.  You are so talented!  I think it’s amazing the drive that you have inside of you. 

I just celebrated my eight year anniversary of quitting smoking the other day and look at the picture you painted of me, I haven’t aged a bit. Thank you sweet lady. 

Mandolinrain

Many Congrats on a fabulous 8 years....hey my thinking is we age backwards when we quit smoking.  xoxo....This is in Oil, so it will be a few weeks before its dry enough to send to you. I have some tweaks as well to do to it and I have grandkids for the weekend, so will not be painted for at least 3 days.

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

I can see the devil in my eyes already. You are so talented.

Terry

Mandolinrain

Ahh, yes, Ive been told I am good at that, lol

Barbscloud

Mandolinrain  Missy,  since you're and artist, I thought your might enjoy this.  I relative just sent this video to and the art is pretty amazing.

Barb

Mandolinrain

Yes, I have done these before. I actually painted a small bathroom floor to look like there ws a hole in it and you would fall , like out of an airplane. I wanted to do this in our guest bathroom at last house but hubby said it made him nauseous, lol

ShawnP

woooooow!!! what a beautiful portrait of Pattycake.