cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

we are against smokoing--not groups

we do not need to be soooo heavenly minded that we are no erthly good, we want to help every one any way that we can. the last thing we need to do is to tell any group that they need to get off this site. i do not smoke pot, i am a little too old but i used to. all i want to do now is to stay quit smoking and want that for all in any group in any way that they can do it
0 Kudos
11 Replies
edith2

Not telling any person to get off the website. I just strong oppose having a group on this site that promotes smoking pot.
0 Kudos
jennie3

Thank you Barbra first off I do not intend too offend anyone and was not going to join the group but decided not too hide. There are other things that are far more important than people useing pot too get high and to tell you all the honest truth I have spent way more time responding to these posts about it than I have smoking it in the past week or so lol marajuna contains no nicotine and I have never used it as a sub for cigs I even avoided it right after I quit because I wanted to protect my quit.There is no denying that anything you smoke damages your lungs this I know there are alternative ways other than smoking to use it too.Once again I mean no harm pots smokers are genrally friendly and mean no harm I apoligize for any one who is upset. If you do not like me or my lifestyles you are intitled to your opinion and I too mine I will however remove myself from the group if it offends too many I am here for support and too support quitting cigaretts and over coming nicotine not too argue and fight.I do not and have never been high on pot in front of or when I am with my kids I do not run about in a haze all day every day yes I enjoy frome time to time like many enjoy some drinks I enjoy drinking too from time to time these are not addictions of mine that why I felt why hide
0 Kudos
barbara42

i just got home and i want to thank the people that understood that all i was trying to say is we all have a place, i may not agree, or understand, but i will defend to the death any ones right to quit cigaretts any way possible PEACE!
0 Kudos
polly2

Need I say more?

0 Kudos
polly2

Need I say more?

0 Kudos
carlie

Right on, Polly...

Does anyone else here realize how seriously out-of-hand this entire situation has gotten ????

Good post, Barbara...

Let it go, people....I came here for help in quitting smoking.....If I want to listen to someone bitch all day, I'll call my sister...now KNOCK IT OFF !!!

Play nice, and get along !!!!
0 Kudos
Susan59

Many people might and probably do have strong opinions about many of the groups on this site. If you don't agree with their philosophy don't join or read them......this place is like the world.....some people you can agree with others you can't but in order for this place to work we have to let go of things we can't control.....one of those being themes of groups we didn't create....and we need to control those things we can....like personally quitting smoking. I am sure you have a great amount of advice on the latter subject to share Edith.....please help the people that are quitting nicotine .....you have the experience to help many people but won't reach anyone if your appear combative. Just my 2 cents.

Peace to all Susan Day 171
0 Kudos
heidi9

Beautiful Polly!
0 Kudos
zeke

I have stopped smoking weed during the 14 days of my quit . I thought this would make my qutting tobacco easier since smoking might trigger smoking. BUT, I seriously doubt if I have given up canabis forever, nor is it the focus of my cigarette quit. I think weed is harmless for most people. it does not have a good effect on everyone. It loves the hay-ull out of me though.
Johnson Grass Farm

I'm gonna live on marijuana
And I aint gonna work at all
Gonna find me a house in the country
Grow that sh*t bout 10 feet tall
I'll plant along side johnson grass
which I pray grows a little taller
When the sun goes down
If you come round
You will hear me hoot and holler!

LORD Jesus i'm stoned
Aint doing nobody no wrong