cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

The Power in thoughts, words and prayer

This is something that  helped me to quit and still helps me now when Nicodemon ( the addict within )comes around to bug me . Positive thinking and Faith In the Lord enabled me to quit along with a lot of help from my friends here in EX ! 

!bible verse i can do all things .....jpgI would just say these powerful words and take my deep breaths and then  "Thank You Jesus"  as the crave rolled by !  Positive Self talk is so important !!!

Take what you need and leave the rest !

5 Replies

I really believe in positive thought during a quit. It breaks the power that the addiction has over us, mainly because that power is negative in nature. And any means that we can find to interject the positive into our quits improves not only our day to day lives but also makes the quit so much easier!

Thanks for the post! Very important stuff there!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

MarilynH

Amen and Amen again 

JACKIE1-25-15

I have been thinking about getting me a T shirt with this scripture on it so I can wear it when I am running.  67 years young and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens.  One day I had an opportunity to meat Evander Holyfield he gave me an autograph with that scripture referenced. Great minds think alike.  My quit Buddy Bonnie B.

JustSharon

"take what you need and leave the rest"  How could one not absorb what you have to say? I'll keep that scripture in my heart every day. Your blog was a big reminder of a scripture I already knew and now I shall follow. Thanks Bonnie.

elvan

I said the Serenity Prayer every day, sometimes so many times that I lost track.  This is really lovely bonniebee‌.. My mother had the Serenity Prayer posted in the kitchen, from the first moment she heard it, she fell head over heels in love with it. She never used it in any addiction, she didn't smoke, didn't use drugs, didn't have any apparent battles to fight but that prayer just touched her like nothing else did.  This scripture is seriously touching.

Ellen