cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pongaselo

I know I'm changing

I know that my body is responding because I am becoming stupid and irrational. I have become very touchy too. Its sort of a high that I am not sure I want to be on. I can't wait for it to go away but its like a tunnel. There is light at both ends but the air is cleaner going forward. I didn't really understand how much energy was involved in this process the last time that I did it.  I will have to be very careful to adhere to my steps and careful to set the plan  up right.  And hope like hell that someone is still willing to talk to me when I come back down.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

All that matters is right now is that you stick to your reality. People will still talk to you when this is over. You'll actually be pretty happy with yourself once you start feeling the freedom and peace that lives at the end of the journey. And if you really need to vent, go ahead and blog! We're used to irritability and understand why it's there. And we also understand that this is your quit and you will win in whatever way is best for you. 

So you just maintain your quit. Stick to the plan and soon, you'll be on the other side, happily telling others of the freedom and peace that awaits them. Hang in there. You already know that each day gets easier if you let it.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

YoungAtHeart

Apologize ahead of time.  Better to ask forgiveness than permission (especially when you in the early stages of quitting smoking).  Mood swings are the norm ---- your body and mind are  adjusting to life without its usual chemicals and rituals.  It's a lot to take on ---- but you can do it!

It gets easier; just hang on until it does!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Yep, normal reaction. So glad you came here. VENT here whenever for whatever you want. We all have. The nicotine is leaving your system and calling for you to 'feed it'. DON'T FEED IT....it will start to starve and your on your way to a life without it. I promise , you won't regret it it. You have to go through to get a breakthrough. Hang Tuff!

You may not think so, but your doing great!

2>3 weeks for most

elvan

You really are doing great and WE will always talk to you.  Every person here has been where you are now, this is a journey and it can have a rough beginning.  One day at a time, one hour at a time, one MINUTE at a time.  Take deep breaths and let the air out slowly.  You CAN do this.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Stay focused.  It is like being a boxer in training.  He has to keep his eye on the tiger to get the eye the tiger.  Or a runner who is running listening the music, hears nothing else and telling themselves to keep running don't stop. Setting a mark to get to and get there then set another and met that goal. One step at a time.  It is being in your zone and loving what you are doing because you know you are going to get better. You don't have to be angry, it is a choice.  Screaming helps lol It is going to be difficult but you are up to the challenge because you want to win. and you will don't give up. Never give in. 

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Just wanted to come forward and wish your method takes you to your objective! 

It just sounds so difficult to me, yet we are all different.  Negative emotions, of course we had them!  I am a woman, so I cried, and cried, and cried...

And we are here to listen, and learn, and provide support, and share experiences.

But to me the way you prepare yourself for the big day just seems so painful, almost as you are punishing yourself before you actually quit!

I was quit for over 30 days when I came here, yet I was still using e-cigarette as NRT.  The group pointed me in the right direction, I learned new tools to deal with the craves, and I am still learning after one year.

I too lost a quit, mine was only 6 months and it was lost to ignorance regarding addiction...now I know better.

In my opinion the guarantee to make this quit successful is acquired by daily exposure to EX, and by actually going through the quit.  But this is just an opinion.  We always say: "take what works for you and leave the rest".

Quitting is the best decision one can make for one's health, and you made it!

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Hello, pongaselo, You nor anyone here is stupid! Don't look back at the other light! Keep moving forward! Nicotine is a terrible addiction to break. It won't kill you, but there were days that I thought I might die or go nuts until I learned not to fight! Go with the flow, you know the urges/craves will come, the upside is, they usually don't last long. (however long they do last know they will leave. Try to focus on something else! Do not give them power!) Know that they will leave. Each time you get through one it makes you stronger for the next time and eventually that Lil bugger will dry up! This takes time and you must give it the time it needs. Everybody's time is different. It does get better, much better! Congratulations on your quit!   ~Terrie~

0 Kudos

Something to keep in mind, Pon! The withdrawal isn't to blame for how you feel - the ADDICTION is! The incredible World you are about to enter can not be described in words but all who have obtained it find they can't live without the FREEDOM! One step at a time will get you where you are going!

0 Kudos