cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lettinggo53

Emotionsl

I have enjoyed and been inspired to remain motivated by the readings. Thanks too all who shares. However in this moment I want to cry. I know that I am feeling overwhelmed here at work. I usually would have had at least four smokes by now to keep me in check. I am not going to smoke just need to own what is really going on and remind myself it is not the smoke but the issue I want to temporarily exscape.

15 Replies
JustSharon

I believe emotions are tougher in a quit than are triggers and craves. Good for you to recognize what is really going on!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You may not believe it right now - but you are doing GREAT!  You understand what is happening to you and have chosen to take control.  Good for you!

Slow, deep breaths!  Slow, deep breaths!  Can you take a break and go for a quick walk, inhale the fresh air and delight in the sunshine?

0 Kudos

So glad you're keeping safe in the face of this adversity! Quitting really can bring the emotions out in us. And they're usually not the emotions we want brought out. Just accept that it's the addiction talking, accept that and you'll be fine! Good job!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
lettinggo53

Thanks for all the replys. I am going outside for a walk now. It is really nice to know I am not alone. Who would have thought quitting smoking could be a roller coaster. Thanks again.

shashort

YEP roller coaster indeed but will be worth it once all the tough stuff passes. Keep going for it!

0 Kudos
gregp136

It really is.  And crying is Okay!  I felt that way a lot, but for me the rage was worse.  But even that, I accepted, and let it wash over me and through me and out.  And yes, I raged.  And that part of the quit has passed. And that part will pass with you. But if you want to cry, just cry!

Watering The Cheeks

When Our Eyes Leaks

0 Kudos
elvan

It really IS okay to cry...it is a release of pent up emotions.  You are doing SO WELL!  I am sure you don't feel that way right now but you are making progress, this is a journey and it IS a roller coaster, there is no doubt about it.

0 Kudos
shashort

Go ahead and Cry if you want too!! I had several crying sprees as Dale says above watering the cheeks when our eyes leak! Well lets say had some really wet clean cheeks. Your doing great don't give in, hang in there! NOPE! (not one puff ever) YOU CAN DO IT!!!

0 Kudos