cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bonniebee

FREEDOM

Quitting smoking can be like climbing a mountain and Together it is much easier then going it alone !sayings quit mountain climbers keep going.jpg

Don't wait until it is to late..............reach out to Ex sayings quit mountain climbers reach out.jpg 

We want you to make it to freedom !!!

sayings quit mountain top.jpg

22 Replies

Love the mountain analogy! In fact, it's something that's very close to my heart, since I climbed Mt. Freedom during my quit. But I gotta tell ya, Mt. Freedom isn't nearly as hard as the mountain you're showing!  

Still, I love the where you're going with this. The help is there for the taking, so long as a person reaches out for it!

LOVE THIS!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
bonniebee

To tell you the truth Chuck I found your blog about it very inspiring and I often have thought about the mountain analogy in relation to my quit to and i also think of it even in terms of my Christian walk I read a book long ago called , "Hinds feet in high places" and  the sequel "Mountain of Spices " by Hannah Hubbard they  had a big influence in my life I have never forgotten them and they have inspired me throughout my life .  If you or anyone reading this ever read The Pilgrims Progress these books were similar and written as an analogy.  

gregp136

And the air is so much more fresh and clean at the top.  Heck it is fresh at 2 weeks (Going up the back side).

elvan

Wonderful analogy, Bonnie.  It's great to be able to grab a hand and pull someone up...just as it is great to get pulled up!

0 Kudos
Giulia

I love you analogy.  On the other hand - smoking doesn't have to be a MOUNTAIN that you have to face with fear.   It's all about attitude!  It you make it a mole hill in your mind, it'll be a lot easier to conquer!

Biscuit

Guilia I totally agree. It is somewhat daunting to think of the massive climb ahead of me. But I love the positive outlook. You are all fabulous. 

bonniebee

sayings quit 1 free.jpg   I didn't mean for it to be daunting but for me it has been a long hike since I began this quit journey way back in about 1986. I feel like I have been trying to get to that mountain peak for a long time and now it feels great to be at the Top !

For some it may be easier and  they may do it in their first try for me it has been many years of thinking and planning and hoping and dreaming .

I think this site is going to make the hike up the mountain  much shorter and easier for the  many people who find there way here !

I am sure glad I did and I thank the dear Lord for that !

Biscuit

Your response is taken in great spirits. Every post I get with encouragement influences my decision and only makes my desire that much stronger. So I thank you for your candor. My journey may seem daunting but not impossible. 

0 Kudos
constanceclum

My quit, initially, has always seemed daunting and I've always had to deal with the fear of failure but I know I can quit smoking as well as I know I can't climb that mountain. Love the pics. I'm gonna have to take the time to learn how to post pics.

Connie