cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

there's nothing here

is there some reason old blogs have no content?

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/5012-jimmy-webb 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
gregp136

A meeting was held, vote was taken, and it was decided to slowly remove all your blogs.....in response to your April fools day joke.

Giulia

Only content from ELGG was transferred over to Jive.  Ning got destroyed by the Ninjas.  Sound good?  No?  How 'bout - the content is there, it's just in invisible ethernet ink.  Click the right button in the right area, say the magic words and presto digito.  Uh... there was never anything there to begin with but the title?  

I know!!!  -  The content wasn't worth keeping so the Masters moved it to the Unmentionable section.  

elvan

You are full of the dickens Giulia‌!

0 Kudos

So I'll put one of his songs here. 🙂

The premier songwriter of our time.

shashort

You all are too funny. Missed April fool. lol good laugh catching up with JonesCarpeDiem‌,  Giulia‌ and gregp136

Giulia

We gotta grab (or MAKE) those laughs when we can.  Life can sometimes become quite overwhelming.  That's why several of us emphasize keeping a sense of humor about ourselves during this process.  'Cause if WE don't - sure as heck life ain't gonna.  Grab for the good, dismiss the bad, aim for the best.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Could be that it was lost in the move from Ning to Elgg.  Perhaps some of the code wasn't compatible.  I did take a look at the post and all I see is <p><object></object></p> so there might have been something between the objects but it's gone now.  If there was something between the object and it wasn't safe to bring over to Jive (security-wise) then it wasn't.  What worked on the web in 2008 doesn't likely work on the web any more...

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos