cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Kinda Sorta One of those Days.

Image result for running in circlesWednesday is usually my busiest day of the week.  Trying to get all of Wednesday's do's done.  Well it happened a couple of times today.  A slight crave keeps nagging me I can imagine right now because I have been pressed all day.  Wednesday everything happens.  Exercise class, bible study, choir rehearsal, bowling night special.  I have been going in circles most of the day and still haven't slowed down, but after the second time I said.  Let me go ride the train, do a few post to stay connected.  No I am not going to smoke.  Just this annoying thing that is going on because of a lot going on.   Anyway  I am here to say I don't do that anymore. Whatever it is will pass.   No  need to fear....EX is here.  Just a few more minutes I have choir rehearsal.   Dinner is still in the oven.  Trying to hang blinds that don't fit.  Wanted to get them done so I wouldn't be hanging them tonight but  looks like I will be in the window after dark.  I thought it was important to come here and write a note.  Blogging always helped me.  Anyway I just want you all to know that just because you think about a cigarette doesn't mean you have to smoke.  You can slow down and figure out what to do.  I chose to come here and blog and breathe.  794 days and a little nag came creeping.  It can go back from whence it came. I will try to slow down and just breathe.   Well I will talk to you later.  Got to run

.Image result for running in circles

23 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

You know, for me, those little urges seem to increase when I am approaching a milestone.  And you, my friend, are very close to a big one!  Very correct - a thought is not a command!  Hope that you enjoy your evening!

JustSharon

Maybe that is what my problem is, I have allowed my thoughts to be a command...keeping that one in mind as I approach another quit.

gregp136

Thank you.  As I tussle and push, it is good to hear the successes.  Thank you

JustSharon

WoW 794 days, That's really great Jackie. When Jake had been quit once for 17 years, he said those little craves would pop up every now and then, especially if he saw someone smoke in a movie. I guess this addiction never gives complete rest to our minds. Busy is good, you'll sleep good tonight.

Those little craves are so annoying  

The last crave I had was during a COPD flare up. Can you believe it? A flare up of something that smoking caused, and the thought popped into my head several times. It surprised me. But still, the thought had no power. It was simply a fleeting thought, so I let it flutter away.

Stay strong! We're always on the path.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Do you see my hand just on the other side of 800 extended to catch yours, Jackie? I got you! Step right over those thoughts and feelings! Life is too precious! We don't smoke it away any more!

elvan

Oh my dear Lady Jackie, you have a full day, I hope you can get some rest later.  This addiction never rests, it waits for us to let down our guard.  You are doing beautifully and may I join Thomas in extending my hand to you as you get to the magic 800!

JACKIE1-25-15

Thomas3.20.2010‌ on the ride on from choir rehearsal I thought about how sometimes when we get close too milestones or occasions the urge may surface itself to give you another test.  I am passing this one.  Thanks for your support.