cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gregp136

Smoking was NEVER my friend!

I started smoking in the early 70's while working at Clark Gas station.  Something to fill the time between the cars, or that is what I told myself.  And pumping gas and lit cigarettes just made sense.  I was young and free and in college, and even at the beginning my body slowed down a bit.  My first quit was about 5 years later, and lasted a month.  

I did not like the taste.  I did not like the cost.  I did not like the time it took away from other things I enjoyed.

I did not like, most of all, that it controlled me.  It decided I NEEDED a smoke, so get up and go to the store.  Or get dirty looks from friends as I leave to light up.  

Quitting was always a goal, because I was not trying to get rid of a friend, I was trying to break free.  And as I went crawling back to cigarettes, after failing to quit, I hated them even more.  

But I will not crawl back to you this time!  You are out of my life.  I curse you!

Good bye, evil one!

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

buh-bye!

Good riddance!

elvan

Some people wrote letters saying goodbye to Nic, I think this falls into that category, no it never WAS your friend and it never WILL be.  You are doing great, Greg!

Just keep on the path. You're doing great and understanding what needs to be understood!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
gardenancy8

I am glad that I am not having to get out of a comfy position, just to go and have that smoke! 

Kellybeth

Keep it up!! You are doing wonderful.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
freeneasy

I guess I viewed it as a way to take a break and thought it relaxed me until I figured out that it all was junkie thinking.

0 Kudos
bonniebee

Yea Kick that Nicodemon out the door Greg ! I was tricked to long by the addict within  I really did think the cigarettes were my friends ! No More !!!  I love this !quit  smoking funny.jpg 

0 Kudos