cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MePlus3

Vaping and e-cigs

Question, is vaping or ecigs considered a relapse here? Im not planning on switching one habit for another at this moment im fine. I only had one NRT gum today and my vape that I had is no where to be found but I am curious. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kellybeth

I would think so if it has nicotine in it.

0 Kudos
MePlus3

But what if its none nicotine?

0 Kudos
Kellybeth

I'm really not sure... I have one but I could never use it. All it did was make me cough.

I haven't been on this site very long so I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
gregp136

Personally, I would not tell someone what a relapse is and what isn't.  I believe it isn't if it moves you towards quitting, but it is if it moves you away from quitting.  I went cold turkey, no drugs or nicotine of any kind.  If I chew some nicotine gum, for me that would be a failure.  For others, it moves them towards quitting.  You need to decide for yourself.

0 Kudos
elvan

I think most of the long term quitters here will tell you that you will weaken your resolve by keeping the hand to mouth motion going. I never used anything but I know that my daughter tried the e-cigarette because her husband used it and she said it was not working, she did not feel less inclined to smoke, she just felt frustrated, my son tried vaping and had the same reaction.  They both went back to smoking but then she use the patch and has been quit for over a year and a half.  I got sick so my quit was not a choice until I got better, then I had a real challenge staying quit.  It was always when I was sick that I would quit, I would get better and convince myself that I could quit later.  Later got later and later and later and did more and more damage.  I know you are young and you think, like I did, like most of us did, that you have lots of time but the truth is...there is no time like the present to start your journey.

susan_m

I seriously considered trying that, but I know now that it was my addiction trying to trick me. I don't have all the answers...only my answers. For me, it would be a gateway to a relapse.