cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lady86

Headaches

I don't know if it's a question or a statement but I sure hope my head stops hurting soon, I know the champix causes me headaches but now with not smoking I notice it's more consistent. Any positive feedback would be great 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Perfectly normal for someone going through nicotine withdrawal.  Be sure to drink lots of water to help flush out the toxins.

Here is a list of early withdrawal symptoms you might find helpful:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2013/01/21/early-withdrawal-symptoms 

Hang in there....the only way out is through - and I promise it will get easier and you WILL start to feel better.

Nancy

elvan

You can do this, try to flush your system as YoungAtHeart‌ suggests, it really helps to get the toxins out.  I never took Chantix, my son tried it but had to stop because he had emotional issues on it, I don't remember him complaining about headaches but it was a while ago so I might not remember.

Hang in there.  

JACKIE1-25-15

Get plenty of rest, drink lots of water.  Take things slow.  Relax and breathe will help.  Stay close. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Perhaps there are others in Search Headache - EX Community | Most Relevant‌ who have reported a similar symptom. Also  Search Headaches - EX Community | Newest to Oldest 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Lady86

I think the headaches came because when I quit smoking I was still consuming my normal amount of caffeine as when I was smoking. Fortunately on day 2 I read about caffeine and nicotine and quitting. So I cut it down in half and drank cranberry juice ☺ I thankfully already consume a lot of water due my kind of work. Thanks mark 

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I would not take a drug to quit smoking just my opinion especilly if it gave me worse headaches who knows what those drugs do . I would take a nicotine NRT at least our bodies are already used to nicotine .The patch worked great for me and many others unless you want to try  going  cold turkey .

0 Kudos
Melisacrow95

i have been getting headaches since I stopped using a vape. I was wondering if others get headaches as well.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@Melisacrow95 

Welcome!  This is an old blog, and only those who originally replied will see yours.  I recommend you write one (Ex Community, top left; then center blue box, "Post a Journal/Blog.")  You can interact with the current community this way.

Here is a blog that details early withdrawal symptoms.  If you are not using a proper dosage NRT, or no NRT at all,  headaches are one of them.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Best-of-EX/Early-Withdrawal-Symptoms/m-p/1088041#M1178

Hope to see you on the blogs!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Melisacrow95 Super congrats on 17 days of success.   Here are some common withdrawal symptoms. Headaches result from increased blood flow and oxygen to the brain.   They should only last a few weeks.  Can you take something over the counter like ibuprofen for the pain?

Common symptoms include:

• Urges or cravings for nicotine. This is the most common symptom.
  • Headaches.
  • Nausea.
  • Dizziness.
  • Feeling anxious, jumpy, irritable, grouchy or angry.
  • Feeling frustrated, sad or depressed.
  • Trouble sleeping.
  • Trouble concentrating.
  • Feeling tired, restless or bored.
  • Increased appetite, gaining weight.
  • Constipation and gas or diarrhea.
  • Cough, dry mouth, sore throat and nasal drip.
  • Chest tightness.

You're doing great.  Happy to see you on the Daily Pledge.

SBSC

Barb

0 Kudos