cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Juliette67

6th day

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.  I am having a terrible day today and am so tempted to just have one cigarette.  I didn't sleep well and my mouth has the most bitter taste in it.  Everything tastes awful.  I am also grumpy and finding it hard to concentrate at work.  Please help

24 Replies
JustSharon

Please don't smoke Juliette. It won't solve anything. Try some deep breathing exercises. a warm bath, a good book. Just don't light up, you will only regret it in the end.

Juliette67

Thanks so much Sharon I am at work so can't wait to just get home in a few hours and chill and get over my cravings.

0 Kudos
Bree19

It just won't  be worth it.  Chew gum or toothpicks or short straws. Sip iced water.  By tomorrow you'll feel different again.  Vasbyt!  Bree

Juliette67

Thanks Bree, have gum and iced water so will take your advice.

0 Kudos
gregp136

Work is tough for me also.  Seems like they do not understand if I scream out loud at my addiction. Or hit myself on the head to knock out those evil thoughts.  Or many other odd behaviors.  But you made it 6 days.  You can keep going.  WE can keep going.  Is it worth it?  You bet it is!!!

Juliette67

Thanks so much Greg its easier to know that there is someone else battling at work.  Good luck

0 Kudos
ccrider

Use your tool box! bend paper clips into fun shapes, I was never good at it, but some people are!

Juliette67

Haha what a good idea, thanks

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You can't win that argument with yourself, so don't have it!  You already made your decision that you won't smoke again -right?  Give your head a shake and get busy.  Smoking is not an option!

Snap a rubber band around your wrist. Take a quick walk.  Read blogs or Allen Carr or the articles on whyquit.com........

Just don't think about giving in and smoking!  You can be stronger than that voice - because that voice is YOU!

Hang in there!

Nanch

0 Kudos