cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Redsoxnut

Hmmm

Day # 8 I thought the worst was behind me but today is hard!! Woke up panicking & now really having craving. Actually I don't think it's a craving, I just forget that I don't smoke anymore .. does anyone else have any of these feelings? 

21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

We ALL had challenges of a sort - not necessarily what you are feeling.  Some have described it as an "empty feeling" or a catch in their throat or chest.  Everyone's quit is different....but we are ALL the same in that it passes!!!!

Just hang in there; it gets easier!

Nancy

elvan

It's a process...much like grieving and it takes time to get over those feelings.  YoungAtHeart‌ is right that it is different for all of us but, at the same time, it is the SAME.  Those craves are really strong memories, you likely associated everything you do with smoking...relaxing, planning, finishing something, after eating...I could go on and on.  We stuffed everything down and now we have to learn to feel things that people who were not addicts felt all along and grew up with...we didn't do that when we were growing up...we have to get to know the people we are now, the people we were supposed to be all along.

You are doing this, day 8 means you made it through Hell week and you are now experiencing Heck week.  It does get better, it takes time and smokers are not known for their patience.

Ellen

Sootie

I found that at the beginning of my quit coming here to talk OR going to whyquit.com and reading the articles on there really helped a lot. It's up and down these first months so just hang on and enjoy the ride. It is well worth it.

Stay Strong.

0 Kudos
prjimm01

yes. and you too will get over them if you try.  you do not smoke anymore.  ever. and because of that you are the happiest person on earth!

Redsoxnut

Thankyou!!!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Day 8 is tough, Day 12 is easy, Day 35 is rough, Day 60 is easy, Day 127 is a bear, Day 128 a piece of cake.....  this is a journey.  Every day is different.  Some days we breeze through.  Some days we are reminded of Day One.  That's the nature of this journey.  You've got to accept it and learn to ride the waves.  There is no point when suddenly END OF CRAVINGS!!! happen.  I thought that would be true.  It's not.  The truth is, they come and they go and they come - and they go.  And each time they come and go, we get a little more used to that scenario.  Until we say, "oh yeah, I get it, NO BIG DEAL!"  

freeneasy

It will get better. Good days will be more frequent than bad days. Every day without a smoke is a day WON :SCORE  Redsoxnut 8  Sickerette smoking 0

0 Kudos
Fergiebarber

Hope your hanging in there Nut, breathe in health and out with addiction, In with hope, out with fear. In with freedom, out with chains. Breathe girl, breathe.

elvan

We are here and we are all pulling for you.  Know that and take advantage of the advice and the support.

Ellen

0 Kudos