cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

plug66

ME AGAIN

JUST SPOKE TO OUR GAL AND SHE SOUNDS MUCH BETTER...TOLD ME THE NAME OF THE INFECTION, BUT WAY TO TECHINAL FOR ME...SHE ALSO HAS A STAFF INFECTION, AND IN NEED OF MORE SURGERY.....BUT SHE IS UPBEAT....SENDS HER LOVE TO ALL....TOLD HER DITTO FROM US

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Well, darn,   staph infection is not good.  I cannot believe how upbeat this woman stays through all of this.  She has my admiration and applause (and prayers, of course!)

Thanks for letting us know.

Nancy

RachelMB

Thanks for the update.  I will continue to send prayers.

0 Kudos
elvan

This is all pretty terrifying...I am fairly sure that the staph infection was hospital acquired because she has spent so much time there, she also has pseudomonas.  Depending upon the strain of each of these, the treatment could be pretty long term antibiotics, cleaning out the wound/infected area with irrigations, etc.  I am stunned that she is upbeat,  I really wish she could get out of the hospital.  They are not great for long term confinements, no matter how hard people try, there are all kinds of infections there.  We all need to pray that they get the infection and that they confine it so it does not spread to someplace else.  I am so worried about her as is everyone else.

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Prayers for Sharon, Ellen's comments are pretty accurate, both of these bacteria are pretty aggressive, especially those that adapted to the hospital environment and became pretty resistant to many common antibiotics.

Hopefully she can go home soon, and can continue the treatment in the comfort of her house.

Some healing flowers, I wish I could drop them with Sharon...

Giulia

They should have gotten her into the hospital when she first complained about it.  I'm so sorry she is going through this continuous hell.  Prayers ....

From what I understand they did keep her for a week when it first happened but didn't take any action until a week later when they had to cut it open to relieve pressure. I'm no dr but that week was critical in my opinion..

plug66

this has all been so critical....hope they get their shit together soon damn it

0 Kudos
elvan

I messaged her during that time, Dale because I was getting more and more concerned about her level of pain and the idea that she was going to lose part of a finger...it ended up being much worse.  I asked her if she thought she should get a second opinion but she assured me that her doctor is a well respected vascular surgeon.  Such a FREAK accident and all of this has resulted from it.  She is the REAL Wonder Woman!  I hope she can get out of there really soon but I am not sure how realistic that is, I do not know what level of home care they have and I really think she is going to need ongoing care.

0 Kudos