cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

katherineu

10 WEEKS & Want a Cigarette

I'm almost ten weeks in smoke free and wanting a cigarette.

NO I'm not going to smoke.  I'm so tired of these cravings coming out of the blue and I know I put myself in this hole and its going to take a long time to be free of this addiction.  I'm really moody lately and weepy on and off, I have noticed none of this has made me want a cigarette, the thought of a cigarette doesn't come to mind during my regular stress and daily problems.  
Right now just sitting here for the last few minutes I want a cigarette, but I don't want a cigarette when I see someone smoking or smell cigarette smoke.  What the hell is wrong with me?

Tags (1)
17 Replies
ShawnP

What you are experiencing is being in what Dale calls No mans land. It's normal be moody. Read his post here. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6040-my-welcome-to-new-members-10-years-of-wisdom- 

Jennifer-Quit

All very normal. Hard to understand the craving of a cigarette but at the same time not wanting one - I remember very well feeling that way.  Distract yourself - do something to change up the routine a bit.  Good job on 10 weeks!

You are in No Man's Land, Kathy! It's that simple and it doesn't last! Do you sometimes have good days? I'll bet you do! Build on those, focus on them! When you're having a tough moment get those Quit Smoking Tools out and remember - 70% of smokers want to quit, no quitters want to smoke! You will get through this! Again, thoughts and feelings don't count - ACTIONS do!

katherineu

Thank you so much for sharing, I am in desperate need of moral support.  I have more good days than bad but the bad days really suck as you know and its depressing.  I find myself depressed and crying for no reason and the THOUGHT of  smoking a cigarette overwhelms me for a few minutes but the craving and desire is not strong enough to make me go back to smoking, I have come to far and have diligently fought this battle cold turkey and I refuse to give in and be enslaved by nicotine addiction.  

TerrieQuit

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months?sr=search...‌ is another good on, but may be included in ShawnP's link above.I didn't look, it's still early for me! lol!  ~Terrie~

YoungAtHeart

Perfectly normal!  Not a thing is wrong with you because, well, you don't smoke anymore!!!!!  All the things you are experiencing are your body (and mind) adjusting to life without the drug it has been used to getting.  It WILL end, but you must give it the time it takes.  10 weeks is a good start, but you still have a ways to go.  Be patient!

It will keep getting easier and easier, I promise!

Nancy

elvan

There is nothing wrong with you that all of us have not endured.  No Man's Land is part of the journey and the only way out is through.  There will come a day when you realize that the thought of smoking never even crossed your mind.  Hang in there and do just what you did now, BLOG, just don't smoke!

freeneasy

You smoked for 20 years so it not unusual to still want to smoke after 10 weeks. Believe it that it will get better. It will. You are getting used to your new normal which is life without sickerettes so give it time and you'll see how much better it is to have your freedom from Nicotinehandcuffed to smokes.jpg

Strudel

Well, as you can see, it is normal - you have done the right thing by coming here and blogging. Keep doing that. It WILL get better - I promise. I found that hard to believe when I was where you are now.....but, now I don't even consider smoking. You will get there...hang on! Congrats on always protecting your quit!