cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pops

what is a status update?

Jump to solution

okay i've said it...i don't know what a status update is, nor do I know where to find it...somebody please comment.

thx,  Pops8

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I posted a help document on this: https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1181-why-post-a-status-update 

Perhaps that will help.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

A status update is a little space to say stuff like "I got a new job." " I moved to XXX" - stuff like that. To find it go to the pencil next to your little avatar on the upper right hand corner.

It's just another spot to post w a limited amount of words to write. I honestly don't see any difference with all the different places you can post. Just to cause confusion?? Lol

Kinda' like a Tweet, but less words?  Not something I am concerning myself about!

Who really cares what I had for breakfast or what I think of Brexit???

elvan

You can actually carry on a conversation with people on the status updates, it is a bit like a message board and more and more people can join in.  I was confused about it too and I don't use it much but I have commented on other people's status updates.

status update

This is one started this AM -  they can be found on the home page under recent activity.  I am been in on some that were interesting.  Not sure if they will catch on or not.

bonniebee

Hey Pops great question soooooo I just tried it but where does it show up ? In the conversations or the blogs ?

0 Kudos

It shows up on the home page under recent activity

0 Kudos
elvan

It shows up in my inbox...along with everything else.  

0 Kudos

Really?  It doesn't show up there for me unless I was at mentioned in it or I have commented on it.  I will have to try to figure that one out because I find them iinteresting sometimes and do no want to miss one.

0 Kudos