cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

What Type of Quitter are You?

1. The Boiling Pot

You want to quit smoking but wonder how you'd handle the stress?!!

2.  The Weight Watcher

You want to quit smoking but are worried you might pile on the pounds!!

3.  The Creature of Habit

You want to quit smoking but worry you couldn't cope at brew time, break time, meal time!

4. The Young Invincible

You want to quit smoking but think you're young enough to worry about it later!

5. The Prisoner

You want to quit smoking but think you can't break free after all of these years!

6. The Serial Quitter

You want to quit smoking but you've tried everything and nothing seems to work!!

Whatever type of quitter you are - we can show you the way to SUCCEED!!!

Stick around and get to know the Community of EXers! If you wonder if we can really help you, just visit Celebrations & Events you'll see! We not only know how to do this, we know how to HAVE FUN doing it!!!

17 Replies
elvan

ALL of them except number 4, that ship has sailed.  I worked myself into such a tizzy thinking that I would not be able to quit that I really wasn't able.  I self sabotaged.  Being smoke free is SO WONDERFUL!  It gives me another reason to be grateful every single day.

0 Kudos
elvan

I replied on the "other" post...I am all but number 4.

0 Kudos
bonniebee

I am all but number 4  too I am definitely not young !   I think number one the boiling pot is me the most because it is still the one that causes me to be tempted at times of stress .

0 Kudos
Giulia

Heck I'm with Number 4!!!!!

No, actually I'm number Giulia  I didn't want to quit. I knew I should.  I'd quit a couple of times in the past, once for a year (when I was in my 20s.)  Then several times for three months MANY YEARS LATER.  Finally got tired of another Day One.  Got on a support site.  Got some education about the addiction.  Got some personal feedback from the support community.  Had fun there.  Learned.  Applied the learning.  Made the commitment - no matter what.  And then allowed no excuses.  

So my number is Giulia.  And your number is Thomas.  I am not any of those numbered attempting quitters you listed.  I have my own number and it's called SUCCESS!

What a smashing blog.  Once we get a Best of EX Board created - should we limit the number of posts from one particular person?  So many of yours should be on there!  (and some others).  Seriously.  One Elder is only allowed 10 Best of Ex Blogs!  LOL.  I'm cracking myself up here.  But really???

freeneasy

I was a 1, 3,5  They say bad things come in 3s  (:

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I did not want to quit, for years I thought I was invincible, my grandma smoked since she was 14, and died of unrelated causes, I have good genes, it is my only vice...

But as I grew older more and more signs of health impact were showing up, the realization I can use the money on many other things, and the social pressure all contributed to my totally unplanned quit.  I got sick, had a hard time inhaling, and decided it was time.

So if you want to add to the list, I was The Spontaneous Quitter.  Of course all the other numbers had an impact one or another time in my life, but Spontaneous did it for me!

gardenancy8

I don't know what kind of quitter I am really, last time I quit, I only quit for a day or so.  So to me this is my First quit, being educated on the addiction!  I really have been learning to breathe through the times I feel stress, so I would say I was for sure 1 coming in on this quit and 5 too! 

0 Kudos
c2q

And we're all in your corner, Newbie.

jay3000

I'm all but #4 recently joined and I'm hoping I can do it this time.

0 Kudos