cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tdtstarr

Working on Day 3

Well I am now working on Day 3 of being quit using Chantix and Hypnosis and it's been super! I've had very little cravings so far. The worst was sleeping last night. I am getting over a sinus infection and have a raging cough from it. Well last night all I did was cough. Didn't sleep well at all. And every time I woke up coughing I found I had a slight craving. Got through it though. Loving my new found freedom!

20 Replies

Congratulations on 3 days!!!

Sorry to hear about your cough! So glad things are going well for you. Just keep stacking up those days and soon this whole quitting experience will be nothing but a memory.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
elvan

Three days of freedom is a GREAT foundation!  So sorry about the cough, it might be partially because your lungs are cleaning house.  I coughed up some rather frightening stuff after I quit...drink lots of liquids to help thin things down.  Sinus infections are awful.

I see that you are from Christiansburg, I live in Lexington.  Virginia is pretty well represented on this site.

Glad you are here,

Ellen

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Hang tough stay close. Licorice root tea will help the cough.  Can be found in the oriental food store.  Very inexpensive.  Great for chewing on also. 

0 Kudos

Sorry you have that nasty cough! Congrats on launching your Quit Journey!

0 Kudos

Good for you.

you might be tasting the tar the cilia are sweeping out of your lungs. that taste definitely reminded me of smoking

0 Kudos
Strudel

You sound so good and having a great attitude is what this is all about! Congrats to you on your quit! 

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 3 days, I am glad you are here!  ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
tdtstarr

Thanks, everyone. Last night was an easier night. Still coughing but didn't have many pangs throughout the night. On to day 4.

0 Kudos
elvan

WONDERFUL!  

0 Kudos