cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pops

I'm just saying....Hello???? Hello???? Is anbody out there???

Okay, here is a scenario.  It's now 2:45 am Thursday 03.16.2017, and I can't sleep.  Today I am well into my quit, and do not have any craving going on.  However, I'm not quite there, because I aint all here...lol (anyway, I think that is how that goes)  

Seriously though, I and several other members have mentioned on multiple occasions that we miss being able to see when other members of the EX community are online.  That gives us a great open invite to call out to another addict in recovery and just sit back and shoot the breeze, and just sort of talk away or at least talk about whatever comes to mind.....

Well, I am talking to my keyboard....and guess what....it is NOT conversing back!!!!

Now you might find that sort of cute, or funny because I still have somewhat of a sense of humor and posted a "cutsie" sort of emoji....but I am not so pleased....note the expression of my emoticon....

This is a shortfall of the site, and I have said before, that I plan to champion the effort to get Admin to return its' presence in some sort of form one way or another.

Now, I realize that the hour is nuts, and most all are asleep,,,(as I wish I was right now...).  However, when you do awaken...please read this discussion and take the time to respond to it.  Like it if you care to, I don't really care about that.  What I (and ADMIN as well) are looking for is an honest overview of the membership as a whole.  This discussion is meant to put our finger on the pulse if you will of our community spirit.

Have a great day, or sleep as it turns out.  I am going to attempt to go back to bed and get at least one full hour before I am required to return to work.  

By the way, I really do love you guys...and I have 296 days of freedom today....yeah baby!!!!!

57 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I am awake too Ken - drinking ice water and about to try to get back to sleep.  Yawn!

0 Kudos
Bree19

I'm here too!  Sitting in the sunlight with coffee and laptop.

Hope you both get to sleep a bit more before the day arrives.

0 Kudos

I've been twisting and turning. Finally got my eyes open -ish. IT's 3 am. I need the EX Cafe!

0 Kudos
Pops

Good morning Thomas3.20.2010 

I just got up, poured myself a cup of joe after tossing and turning for the entire night...I'll share a cup of my coffee with you, and my thoughts on the benefits of tossing and turning.....

I hope you enjoy your smokefree day today....I am simply going to try to survive it....

Pops

freeneasy

I'm here..going back to sleep -I'll check in later

0 Kudos

Thanks for the coffee Pops! Today will be a Great Day because I get to decide my Atttude!

RachelMB

Good morning all-

Sounds like a restless night for you guys!  I hope you all have a great day-I'm going to keep the coffee flowing this morning.

Rachel

0 Kudos
Pops

Please don't forget to weigh in on the action item that is happening here.....Is the absence of the ability to see if someone is online needed or not?  I would have struck up a lasting conversation with Jennifer had I known she was up, or Bree....do you see what i mean?  I was not aware of their presence until well after I had left the vicinity of my keyboard.  If I was new and struggling...(which is the lifeblood of this community) I may very well have said "screw it" and went to the gas station, or 7-11 & bought a pack of death....

I hate to be a buzz kill here....but there is a point to be made....

I don't know, maybe it's all me, and I am an island without an ocean to surround it....

Pops