cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beccalynn35

Cravings, one right after another.

I don't know what's going on, except I'm anxious. At a new AA meeting, and had to drive here, so both of those are probably the triggers. Either way it seems like I've been having one long crave for hours but really it's been smaller ones back to back. 

Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You know what the triggers were tonight....and you were lacking a plan to deal with them.  Be sure to start thinking ahead.  For now, just do a crossword or a computer game, or call a friend, or grab something to read and get to bed....don't let them keep yelling in your head without fighting for attention.  Place THAT on something else!

Remember - there is NEVER a good reason to smoke because, well, you don't DO that anymore!

Hang tough!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

did you try the Vicks Vapor rub? I totally agree with Nancys comment, but I swore by Vicks to get me through those really ruff times when it seems like nothing worked. Suck on ice cubes?,I also sucked on black licorice....Hang in there, it WILL pass. Think of it as this horrible little Nicodemon sitting in front of you challenging you to break down and smoke. YOU TELL HIM NO, YOU DONT DO THT ANYMORE! .....:) HUGS

0 Kudos
beccalynn35

Part of the problem was that I wasn't home. I was going to a new AA meeting, so doing things that I normally do wasn't available. 

I did have a cinnamon toothpicks that helped while I was driving, but the anxiety about being in a room full of people I didn't know was triggering me bad. 

I made it through it though. I'm home now. Once I was half way through the meeting the craves went away. 

Thank you.

I love ice, it helps a lot. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I am so glad you made it through, being in a room full of strangers is scary but remember, they are all there for the same reason as YOU are.  

I sucked on Sour Patch Kids, the really sour candy, it is so sour that it reset my brain.  Fighting craves never worked for me, distraction did and coming to EX did, reading blogs, etc.