cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

tdtstarr

Anyone do Chantix AND hypnosis?

Just wanting to see peoples experiences with doing Chantix as well as hypnosis.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

I've heard they only work if you drive  a red car with black hightops.

0 Kudos

nothing will work if you don't allow it.

tdtstarr

This is a serious question. Please refrain from trying to be funny.

0 Kudos

I wasn't being funny.

For some reason, you think something is going to quit for you.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

I've been quit over 10 years and spent 35,000+ hours on this site and it doesn't happen.

Go read all the responses on your blog yesterday and you will find EVERYONE HERE SAID THE SAME THING.

0 Kudos
tdtstarr

I don't want anything to quit for me. At least not anymore. I DID read my blog yesterday. Every bit of it. And I agree. Good job on 10 years!

0 Kudos
JenDyer34

I tried Chantix.  It made me really nauseous.  I had to give it up after 10 days.  Too bad because I could tell it was doing what it should.  I didn't think about smoking nearly as much as before Chantix.  I'm trying Zyban now.  Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking positive thoughts. I hope you decide to give it a try.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I personally do not know of anyone that tried that combination.  I have heard of many successful quits with the aid of Chantix.  Some people cannot take it due to side effect but others can.  I do not know anything about hypnosis.  Did you finish the Allen Carr book?

0 Kudos
Kellybeth

I am taking Chantix right now. It has worked well for me. I was worried about the side effects and did experience a few. I was very anxious and still am. I also have trouble sleeping more now. However I have not smoked in 3 weeks. I am planning to complete the 12 weeks of Chantix and remaining smoke free. When I first joined this site I was trying to find someone that was taking Chantix but didn't have much luck. Let me know if I can help you in any way! Good luck

tdtstarr

Well I am now working on Day 3 of Chantix after Hypnosis and it's been super! I've had very little cravings so far. The worst was sleeping last night. I am getting over a sinus infection and have a raging cough from it. Well last night all I did was cough. Didn't sleep well at all. And every time I woke up coughing I found I had a slight craving. Got through it though. Loving my new found freedom!