cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Missy2122

I was just wondering.....

Hi all! I am on Day 9 of my quit and I have a question for you. Were you irritable and bitchy during your early quit? Everything is getting on my nerves! I went to the doctor today and acted like a little baby. I got pissed off at all of the staff because the doctor was running super-late. They told me that my appointment was at 10:30, when it was actually at 10:50. So THAT pissed me off, and I didn't hesitate to let everyone within earshot know how I felt. How long does this phase last? Does anyone else have stories like mine? I am not normally like this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Perfectly normal:

Here is a repost of a previous blog  including early withdrawal symptoms you might find helpful:

/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2016/08/04/a-repost-early-withdrawal-symptoms 

Jennifer-Quit

Yes - it is normal - you would think by now at 1042 days that I would be over the bitchy part - jk

Hang in there - it does get better!

wlh

On a lighter note, before my quit 5 days ago, I pre-apologized to my husband in advance for any irritability or on being a B#%ch.  I do remember in previous quits that had happened to me.  I believe it is normal.  Lynne

MarilynH

My mood was all over the place the first wks of my quit but I got through it and so will you, keep moving forward and stacking up your precious smoke free days, you'll be in the DDC  - Double Digit Club tomorrow ,on your 10th glorious day of Freedom and counting! 

Fergiebarber

Hey Missy, I!m also on day 9. For me day 3 was terrible and each day is a little less so. It's almost comical with mood swings, anger, wanting to cry. Just feeling exposed and raw. I don't ever want to go through this crap again so I refuse to light up. Hang in there, we will be free! Hopefully our spouses survive our quit. I've already apologized more than I can count.

Oh yeah! Quitting can really throw us off at times. I like to pretend that my quit was a breeze, though I know better. Things that would annoy us a little before becomes a forest fire from a single spark. Sure we don't like acting that way. mainly because we know we're not that way. At times this one thing is enough to derail a quit. 

All I can say is that there is so much peace awaiting you as time goes by. That's what makes quitting so hard. It takes time and it takes commitment and sometimes we can't figure out why the rest of the world doesn't know what we're going through! And yeah. It makes us angry! It makes us want to cry. 

But in the end it's important to know that it's just a part of the quit. That we all go through it and you can too. And you did in fact!! Good for you! 

It will get easier. That's a fact that so many here can tell you. There is peace down the road and it's totally worth the fight and the wait!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Mandolinrain

To Missy, From Missy, lol...........Oh heck, my family avoided me as much as possible, there was no arguing with me. Poor family, Hahahaha. Sad thing was I quit so many times they were really fed up and didn't want to hear it anymore. I had cried wolf to many times. Anyway, we managed and you will as well. 

Hey if people have to deal deal with my bad emotions for awhile, then so be it. I did what I had to do to dump the crappy smokes. I had to put ME first or I would have never made it. Good luck to you, nine days is awesome.... and it will get better. Your normal

elvan

Let's put it THIS way, I would not have wanted to get in my way those first few weeks...but then it started to get funny because I know that is so not me, I could visualize myself picking someone up by the hair and tossing them around (I am 5'1" and could not pick anyone one...ANYONE)...visualizing actually doing what I was thinking made me laugh, sometimes out loud which really confused people but I knew why I was laughing, there was no reason to share with anyone.  

Hang in there, Missy, it will get better and you will really feel stronger and better than you ever have...this is a journey, one day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time.

Ellen

elvan

Hope things are getting a little better and that you are patting yourself on the back for every day WON!