cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missyallen

My Day

I had a really good day today! I went to my doctor's office and had an appointment with a smoking cessation coach. She was awesome! We identified my triggers and how to deal with them. We also identified the times in my day that I have the most trouble and what to do. I have to admit, I even cried. I smoked so much because I didn't care about myself or my well-being. I told her that I have an appointment with my dentist this week. I am going to have my teeth cleaned. I haven't done that in years because I was embarrassed of my tar-stained smile. I didn't want to hear that I had to stop smoking. Now I care about things like that. I know that I have a lot more self-discovery along my journey, but in this first week, I have come a long way. I have made a lot of new friends with people like you. That is huge for me! Thanks for being here for me. I look forward to many more better days!

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Today IS the first day of a healthier, happier, freer you!  I think you will find it is a journey of self discovery and that you will be making healthier lifestyle decisions as you go forward. 

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

Nancy

0 Kudos

As always seems to happen, the cloud of addiction is slowly clearing and allowing you to see the benefits of your quit. I'm so glad you had a good day. Good days are always precious. Yet another reason to remain smoke free! So many more precious days of freedom still ahead for you, and a brighter, shinier future awaits you. 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

0 Kudos
elvan

If you haven't already read it, I think you will find freeneasy‌ 's blog today to be really helpful.  There really is a domino effect to quitting and that first time you get to say I QUIT smoking to a dentist or a doctor is amazing.  I am so glad that you had a good day!

Ellen

0 Kudos
wlh

Great news all around!  I was thinking myself that now I will be able to have my teeth whitened and they would stay that way.  Something to look forward too!  Glad you also have identified all your triggers and how to deal with them.  I think that is half the battle.  This site has been very good for me.  It covers everything you could possible need to know and how to handle.  

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

I love positive blogs! You sound great! missyallen  Stay Strong and keep moving forward!   ~Terrie~

0 Kudos
RachelMB

I'm so proud of you!  Keep up the great work!

Rachel

0 Kudos
susan_m

This is a fantastic blog!!  Can't wait to hear how your teeth look and feel after the dentist!  Isn't it wonderful to take control of your health again?

0 Kudos

Onward And Upward

0 Kudos
Giulia

We learn so much about ourselves all along this journey.  Keep an open mind and study well.  You cannot learn too much about this addiction and your relationship with it.  Cheers!

0 Kudos