cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beccalynn35

Im anxious... now craving

I'm so anxious right now. I have been doing so well with my quit and my anxiety, I forgot my rule of only 1 cup of coffee in evening. So I had 3. Now im anxious and want a cig. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RachelMB

Can you do something physical right now like go for a walk or simply run around the house?  the craving will pass-just do anything to get through the next couple of minutes-it will be gone by then.   Remember you are worth this struggle.

Rachel

0 Kudos
elvan

Absolutely, get rid of that stimulant...drink a bunch of water, go for a walk or do jumping jacks, lift weights, take a shower, move around and keep busy and get that caffeine out of your system.  I am so much more sensitive to caffeine now that I don't smoke.  You may find the same thing.  You have been doing beautifully.   Please keep going on this journey, you can do this, it will get easier and you already have more than one way won, more that one thing that you have made it through.  You can make it through this as well.  Take deep breaths in through your nose and then exhale very slowly through your pursed lips, like you are blowing bubbles.  This too shall pass.

Call someone for support, just don't smoke, you do NOT want another day one.

susan_m

Hang in there!!!  Don't give up!!!

Lauralives

We really hope you could just ride that one out!!  Each time it can get easier.  There are so many triggers but I have actually been enjoying my coffee and thinking of it as one of my rewards.  Sometimes it is difficult not to overdo it because we FEEL we are giving something up by quitting smoking.  What I am trying to do is change my thoughts and look at all I am gaining.  We are still newbies at this, so be gentle with yourself and I guess we should not over stimulate ourselves with coffee!!  Hang in there!!

Laura

Coffee and Cigarettes Are Not Required Together But Your Ritual Has Connected Them.

You're done with your coffee already.

What do you think a cigarette is going to do?

It will just be resigning to the nagging of a memory.

Live!

Take a nice deep breath. Do as others have suggested, running around the house, whatever it takes. I know you don't want to give in. You've come so far! Get through this one and it's a brand new day tomorrow. You'll wake up so proud of yourself and glad that you're still on the road to freedom!

Hang in there! 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Giulia

"I forgot my rule of only 1 cup of coffee in evening. So I had 3. Now im anxious and want a cig. "

You forgot your rule and so you're paying the consequences.  Just remember your rules and abide by them and you'll be fine.  Meanwhile - it doesn't matter if you want a cigarette if you've committed not to have any.  You're  either in this all the way, or you're not.  Be in it all the way.  Trust us - you don't ever want another day one.   It's harder each time you go back there.  Smoking will not relieve your anxiety.  Aren't you just a day away from your one week milestone?  Hold on, hang in, you've worked too hard to let it go.

beccalynn35

Yes, tomorrow I will have 1 week smoke free, so I don't wanna smoke. 

I feel a bit less anxious now, and my craving is gone. 

I just love coffee soooo much lol. 

So here's to making it through that horrible crave ( I think it was the worst one since day 1)!

Thank you everyone and good night!!

TerrieQuit

Good job! beccalynn35 each one of those you go through the stronger you will become! Stay strong!  ~Terrie~