cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

c2q

New Hours for the EX Cafe

Starting this week, the EX Cafe will be open three days a week: Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.

The EX Cafe is here to give us all a chance to say hello to our fellow quitters and share a bit of nourishment with each other. Quitting smoking is a journey. It's about reclaiming your self and your senses from the dulling effects of nicotine. Why not indulge in some virtual coffee, humor and a bite of something chocolate while you're at it?

Come see what we mean at the EX Café.

The barista staff right now is susan_m, Pops, and me, c2q.

We're going to miss our fellow baristas, Mortalzeus‌ and Daniela2016‌. But they both have said that they will continue to drop by, and we're looking forward to that. 

If you'd like to learn more about becoming a barista at the EX Cafe, please let me know. See you soon.

ExCafe2sm.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

thanks-you.jpgThank you - ALL - for getting this up and running.  It has been a great deal of fun - and has helped add some humanity to our new home.  I will miss Darren's and Daniela's good humor and participation as baristas - but totally understand.  I am glad we are able to find folks to open three days a week.

MarilynH

A humongous cyber hug to you c2q and to each of you that's keeping the virtual doors open at the ex cafe we the customers appreciate each and everyone of you so I say a big a thank you. ♡

Pops

This is a perfect place to put a plug in for an announcement that we are looking to see if there are any members out there that might be interested in being a barista.  I can attest personally to the great deal of fun and sense of purpose that I receive in being a one day a week Barista!  To be able to interact with EXer members and to lend a sympathetic ear to another recovering addict...well, that experience is priceless.  Pati and Susan and I will be more than happy to show you the ropes in handling a shift in the cafe.  Perhaps you only have a limited time availability...that's okay too.  We can pencil you in as a fillin barista.  Let us know by contacting c2q‌, and she will provide you with the info needed.

Thanks for considering us.  Remember N.O.P.E. for any reason 

freeneasy

Thanks for coming up with the EX Cafe. I quit smoking but could not make it a day without coffee. What do you think of the possibility of having a special edition opening of the Caffe once in a while on the days it's closed?

YoungAtHeart

You're HIRED, freeneasy‌!

"=)

c2q

Sounds interesting. What do you have in mind?

0 Kudos