cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Is Nicotine A Buzzard Following And Waiting For You To Give Up?

The Setup

Wannabe bikers out for a "wild" weekend. They miss the sign that says "next gas 200 miles" and end up pushing their bikes through the desert with no water wondering if they are going to make it. (an edited clip from "Wild Hogs")

A buzzard has spotted them and is following them discreetly making the guy in the back very nervous.  🙂

This struck me funny because it feels so much like the trepidation we carry when we focus on the worst case scenario.

[video]

We often hear an addiction never lets go.

You have to let it go.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
c2q

Buzz off, Nic.

0 Kudos

When I focus on Positives the buzzard gets bored and looks for an easier target!

0 Kudos
JustSharon

Great post and so true. I love the comparison to a buzzard as that is just what an addiction is. I agree, let it go!

0 Kudos
elvan

Oddly enough, I had never heard that about letting go of the addiction.  That's really good and this is an amazing visual. Buzzards freak me out and they tend to roost not far from my house and so they all circle and circle until they go to their tree.  They were going to my neighbor's pine trees every night but the fire took care of that.  The trees are across the street but all of the incessant noise chased them away.

0 Kudos
Christine13

That buzzard is following me this morning, but won't quit on my quit!!