cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

aarosh

Cig frequency

I smoke one cig per day ..On the days when I go out to drink ,two will be my limit 

I smoke the same cig three times 

3 puffs each time 

Is this harmful 

I have been doing this past a yr now 

I recently got married want to quit completely

But with this habit I won't hav any craving 

So can I continue this ??

0 Kudos
9 Replies
susan_m

Sure, if you are a smoker.  Not to make light of it, but that's the truth.  

If you smoke so little and want to quit, why don't you?

0 Kudos
JustSharon

You are a lucky addict that can get by with one cigarette, but no matter how much you smoke or how little, you are a smoker and need to quit. What is so difficult to stop just one? Put it down, walk away before one day it escalates into more when smoking is extremely difficult to quit. And yes, its harmful to your health and to the chances you begin to smoke more one day. Best of luck to you,

0 Kudos

You are PSYCHOLOGICALLY ADDICTED. That is 90% of smoking AND quitting.

"We all know that smoking is bad for us, but a new report from the U.S. Surgeon General concludes that even a single cigarette can cause immediate harm and raise the risk of diseases like cancer and heart disease.

That means that you don’t have to be a heavy smoker to suffer the effects of tobacco use. The report finds that any exposure to smoking — a single drag of a cigarette, occasional smoking or secondary exposure to cigarette smoke — can damage the body’s cells, tissue and DNA, raising the risk of cancer."

A Single Cigarette Can Raise the Risk of Cancer and Heart Disease | TIME.com 

Very simply, there is no level of smoking that is safe!

No Safe Level of Smoking - National Cancer Institute 

Study Finds No Safe Level of Smoking | NIH Director's Blog 

These are not fringe overexcited sources. They are the best researchers of the nation who in 2010 and again in 2016 confirmed that 1 Sickerette a day will lead to early death. 

The choice is yours!

elvan

You just got married and want to live to enjoy it...quit smoking, the psychological addiction is there.  Have you ever TRIED not to smoke that ONE?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have no idea how difficult quitting that one will be ---- but I DO know you should do it!  I think the research Thomas found in this regard is very telling. 

You need to follow the same steps that regular smokers do to quit, I would imagine.  Plan what you will do instead, and just DO it! 

Let us know if we can help!

0 Kudos
freeneasy

There's no point in it and you're literally playing with fire. One puff becomes two and then a whole cigarette and then a pack. Stop now. The sooner the better.

0 Kudos

Interesting that you would come to a quit smoking site to ask that question. To me, it sounds like you really just wanted to hear the right answer. That YES, it's harmful to smoke even a single puff a day. I do hope you got the answers you were looking for and that you'll consider ending something that is doing you no good at all.

Freedom is freedom whether it be from a cigarette a day or a pack a day. Give quitting a shot! I think in the end you'll like the results. After all, the worst it can do is improve your future.

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Giulia

I was going to say the same thing Chuck did.  You came here for a reason.  That reason being because the smarter part of you recognizes that smoking - even in the limited amount that you currently do, is not good for you.  That, yes, it WILL harm you.  

You recently got married and want to quit this completely?  DO IT!  You'll be happier when you do.  And so will your lungs.