cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jennifer-Quit

Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole

Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole

Chile Relleno Breakfast Casserole is a cheese filled, Mexican style breakfast casserole. Perfect for feeding a crowd and special occasions.
Prep Time
10minutes
Cook Time
60minutes
Prep Time
10minutes
Cook Time
60minutes
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large rectangular glass baking dish (9×13) with cooking spray.
  2. Open and drain each can of chiles. Stuff each chili with finger sized pieces of monetary jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
  3. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar colby jack over chili’s.
  4. In a separate medium sized bowl combine eggs through mustard and whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
  5. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
  6. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350 degree oven for an additional 5 minutes or until firm.
  7. Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Notes

You can order Hatch Green Chiles and other varieties from ChileMonster.com. It is the only site I trust for fresh and flavorful chiles. Canned chiles will give you anywhere from 8-12.

If you prefer to use cream of tarter to fluff up the eggs instead of flour, use 1 teaspoon.

10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well this is my recipe to try this week-end - maybe for Sunday brunch.  Low carb for those of you watching your carbs.  Thought of JonesCarpeDiem when I read this one!  I will let you know how it turns out!

0 Kudos

The diced chiles in a can work real good. make sure you drain them.  🙂

0 Kudos

I may make a small batch of that. I have all the ingredients.  🙂

I see you are stuffing them with the jack cheese.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I will probably tweek it a bit for one.  I can do left overs but only a couple of days.  I have done a similar version of this before--but it has been awhile

My cousin who has the Mexican restaurant makes it for our Christmas Eve brunch every year and he uses the diced chiles. They tend to mix with the egg better. It has the flavor (ingredients) of chile rellenos but it doesn't taste anything like one of his chile rellenos. As you know they are fried, very fluffy and they make a real thin sauce they spoon over them when they serve them. There are tons of videos on youtube.

RachelMB

Thanks Jennifer-

I love to cook!  This recipe looks great!

Rachel

0 Kudos
Legend

Jennifer-Quit 

I have never made anything with chilies before. Let us know how it comes out.

0 Kudos
Legend

Jennifer-Quit  I bookmarked this so I could come back and see what happens when you make it. 

0 Kudos
freeneasy

Sounds delicious but I'm gonna need to keep the Beano at arm's length....  (;