cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

The Order of Comments

Jump to solution

I'm confused about the order of comments.  In a conversation when you click on "show earlier" the earlier comments appear at the bottom of the page.  In blogs and status updates they appear at the top of the page.   Is it possible to have them consistent across the board or is that just one of  the quirks of the platform?  

Correction - it's in the Questions conversations that the comments when clicking on "show earlier" appears at the bottom of the page, not regular conversations.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scha

Hi Giulia, I've done some investigation and unfortunately this is a setting that is not available in Jive (at least as of a couple of years ago). I've searched around Jive community (they have a community as well for their users) and being able to control the ordering of comments has been requested several times by other users, but is not part of their platform currently. We can wait until they do their next release and continue to request that this ability be added. Perhaps @Mark can investigate some more as well when he gets back, but from what I can tell, that is the current status. We will definitely keep in our list of potential fixes though, thank you for pointing this out!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
EXProductMgr
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good question Giulia‌ -- we'll look into it!

Megan, Product Lead for EX
0 Kudos
scha

Hi Giulia‌, this is not something I personally have noticed before. I'll check the configuration and see if it is possible to make changes to make the consistent and get back to you.

- Sarah, EX Team

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thank you two.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

In Preferences https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/user-preferences!input.jspa  is comments and discussion view in threaded or flat?  Threaded will be indented.  Flat will be chronological. 

Are you looking in Inbox or directly at the content?

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Looking at inbox either way, I believe.  But certainly I've looked at them in context to see if it changes.  It doesn't.  Both comment and discussion view are threaded in the link you gave above in my preferences setting.

0 Kudos
scha

Hi Giulia, I've done some investigation and unfortunately this is a setting that is not available in Jive (at least as of a couple of years ago). I've searched around Jive community (they have a community as well for their users) and being able to control the ordering of comments has been requested several times by other users, but is not part of their platform currently. We can wait until they do their next release and continue to request that this ability be added. Perhaps @Mark can investigate some more as well when he gets back, but from what I can tell, that is the current status. We will definitely keep in our list of potential fixes though, thank you for pointing this out!

Giulia

Thanks for the responses.

0 Kudos