cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

beccalynn35

Quitting today

After writing down all my triggers, and being on here all day yesterday, I decided to quit. I had already quit smoking in my car from previous attempts. 

I cant get rid of all the lighters, because we light candles, and my partner smokes so ashtrays are still on back porch and in her office. I don't go to these areas unless I'm smoking, so I am able to avoid them easily.

I have the patch on, I have suckers and cinnamon toothpicks to stick in my mouth. 

Evening times are hardest for me as I tend to get anxious, so I pulled out my crocheting and coloring books, as well as wrote down to remember to take anxiety meds at this time ( I forget) and to eat (I can forget this too). Oh... and to pray for my Higher Powers strength.

Thank you all for your love and support 

22 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations

YoungAtHeart

Ready?  Check

Set?   Check

GO!

Let us know as the day goes on how you're doing.  Sounds like you have your tools ready for this evening - now remember to USE them!

c2q

Two thumbs! Way up!

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations...keep those hands busy and try to remember to eat and hydrate.  There are triggers that we don't think of when we first quit and one of them is hunger.  You can do this, you have done your homework and you have lots of support here!

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

Yeah! Congratulations!

il_570xN_788110687_fqtm.jpg

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on making the decision - a decision that you will never regret!

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Good for you. It's the best thing ever! Congratulations.

0 Kudos
tjanddj

Congratulations on your decision to quit! Glad to have you here to walk the journey with us!

0 Kudos
Christine13

Good going!!  Sounds like you're ready!! 

0 Kudos